corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » creating a website

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author creating a website
tooolbox timmy

User status: Offline
15th Dec 06 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiya, Im currently in the process of setting up a website,in order that I can sell signs over,signs such like fire safety,health and safety,hazardous and all the general workplace signs you see in and around where you work etc.

Now that part is the easy part I have a lot of stock at my disposal,but where I struggle is setting up a website to accomodate me selling these products.I have searched through a few sites so far to try and find somewhere that for a set fee or monthly fee will allow me to set up ,design and have an administration section to recieve payment .

Has anyone any good links advice to setting up a website?
How much should I be looking to pay?

This question really also applies to Ian with the grand job he has done with this site.

all help wlecome ,thanks
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Dec 06 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you currently take payment?
tooolbox timmy

15th Dec 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont yet ,I still work for a company who sells fire safety awareness products but the company we buy stock have agreed to supply me with stock of signs as and when I leave the company I work for.

the preferred payment types I would like to use would be BACS and credit debit cards

[Edited on 15-12-2006 by tooolbox timmy]
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Dec 06 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're taking credit cards your choice is proper software and a secure server, which looks more pro but is more difficult to set up, or somewhere Nochex or Paypal who will do this for you for a fee.
tooolbox timmy

15th Dec 06 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The company I work for use world pay,they seem a good choice,they give a warning to any credit cards that billing addresses doesnt match invoice addresses etc,so say I get in touch with a web design company ,would they offer the service of setting this up for me,or would I have to shop else where to get a company to take card payment such as a proper software company like world pay,ideally I would only want to be paying one fee a month as apposed to paying several fees for different companies

To be honest Id be happy to use pay pal,If ebay rely on them then they must be of some standard

MarkPW

15th Dec 06 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worldplay's a great choice if you know you'll be doing many transactions and have the money in the first place. I built a site a few years back under WP and they were bril.

However, if I were just starting up an online business, I'd probably go for someone like Paypal and find a shopping cart system that supports the Paypal IPN.

Timmy, eBay owns Paypal, that's why they use them lol.
tooolbox timmy

15th Dec 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh a see ,learn somethin new everyday haha

yer that sounds a good idea,ideally I dont want to get roped into any high tech software,test the water first,ave found a company that supports an online shopping feature,the cost is 30.00 a month and for that you get given two email addresses,50 pages,domain name with choice of .org,.co.uk..biz etc and a few extra bits n bats ,all being well I think al try this one,cheers alex

New Poll