corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speed cameras!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speed cameras!
betrayed

User status: Offline
1st Dec 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any one no what the accurate speed of about 38-40mph (on the van clocks) in a merc sprinter van (05 plate shape long wheel base) i was doing around 38-40mph towards a speed camera van in a 30 zone i hope am wasn't over they done the hide and seek trick!!!

+ luckily i was sitting on a old mans back bumper ( fiat punto ) so hopefully they got him not me FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

+ it didn't have the back black windows down so does that mean it was working?? cause they normally hang a bit out the back of the van

[Edited on 01-12-2006 by betrayed]
AuroraSport

1st Dec 06 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt its going to be 8-10mph out at those speeds
Colin

1st Dec 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno but you'll probably get done for tailgating aswell
betrayed

1st Dec 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AuroraSport
i doubt its going to be 8-10mph out at those speeds

i was sitting about a meter away from the car in front so i'm hoping they flashed him not me
betrayed

1st Dec 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+ the back windows on the camera weren't open so does that mean they were working??
shep2006

1st Dec 06 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well normally when back windows is open they have camera stickin out a bit dont they but i dont know if they work when the windows is down
betrayed

1st Dec 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shep2006
well normally when back windows is open they have camera stickin out a bit dont they but i dont know if they work when the windows is down

hope so mate i was talking to a taxi driver in the garage he says he had just set up so my FINGERS CROSSED

there was no cameras hanging out the back of the van?! so i'm thinking i could be very very lucky
shep2006

1st Dec 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just hope he had packed up and was going home
mattk

1st Dec 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a merc sprinter tailgating and speeding, never

did they miss the cup of tea in your hand?
betrayed

1st Dec 06 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sthelensr.l.f.c

well don't no what you mean by that?? + i would rather get done for tailgating then 3 points mate!

i was at least i would say nearly a cars length away hopefully so they didn't get my plate!? + as people are saying if the windows were down then i must have been lucky cause he had just pulled up two minutes before

i'm going to have to stop speeding because i have had to many close encounters
mattk

1st Dec 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no what you mean about that, i gt flashed by a red light camera 2 months ago, never heard anything of it
betrayed

1st Dec 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no what you mean about that, i gt flashed by a red light camera 2 months ago, never heard anything of it

how long they got before anything happens its a camera van i might of got the flash off though
mattk

1st Dec 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a fixed camera i read they had 28 days to send a notice of intended prosecution letter, then they have 6 months to prosecute, but with a van i dont know, the one near our house has a copper that flags you to the side of the road, the one near ours has its own reserved parking space, its there everyday
betrayed

1st Dec 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if its a fixed camera i read they had 28 days to send a notice of intended prosecution letter, then they have 6 months to prosecute, but with a van i dont know, the one near our house has a copper that flags you to the side of the road, the one near ours has its own reserved parking space, its there everyday

its a police camera van am sure its got "THINK" + lots of stickers all over it? i was telling a friend before and hes thinking i might have been lucky and the van plate might have been hide + hes saying if the x2 back black windows wern't down they wouldn't have been set up so lucky lucky am hoping
nickyboy01

2nd Dec 06 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by betrayed
quote:

well don't no what you mean by that?? + i would rather get done for tailgating then 3 points mate!

Tailgating is classed as driving without due care which is a 3 pointer or dangerous driving which is even more
sxibeast

2nd Dec 06 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cameras do work with the windows up but good luck chap!
chris-sri

2nd Dec 06 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No. It's 14 days plus postage for your average NIP however it can be issued at anytime within 6 months if there is a good reason.
chris-sri

2nd Dec 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
quote:
Originally posted by betrayed
quote:

Tailgating is classed as driving without due care which is a 3 pointer or dangerous driving which is even more

And ironically more likely to cause an accident
davey_jack

2nd Dec 06 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

LOL exactly what i was thinking! Although you should be alright if your taxi driver mate was telling the truth, they were probably calibrating the goldmine oops i mean cameras, and if they couldnt have got a clear picture of your number plate then they dont really have any evidence so no crime effectively. But worst case scenario you get 3 points and a 60 quid fine, I got one on friday 13th of october, bastards got me right where a road changes from 40 to 30, and me being me i didnt do some emergency braking to reduce my speed by 10mph! silly me eh? my insurance company hasnt bumped my renewal price anyway, probably because the police are taking the piss these days and giving out points left right and centre.
James_DT

2nd Dec 06 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i didnt do some emergency braking to reduce my speed by 10mph!

It's for the best; if you'd been infront of this joker (betrayed) he'd have hit you.
drunkenfool

2nd Dec 06 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
quote:
i didnt do some emergency braking to reduce my speed by 10mph!

It's for the best; if you'd been infront of this joker (betrayed) he'd have hit you.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Dec 06 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Where's this? I'm round Parr everyday. Never noticed it before. What road's it on? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speed cameras! 23 database queries in 0.1967621 seconds