corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this worth it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this worth it?
Hoddo

User status: Offline
29th Nov 06 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, I did some PS work for a fella memba on the boards earlier, I've been contemplating debadging my 5dr corsa, but also removing the rub strips on the doors!

First Question is are the door strips just stuck on aswell or are they're held on by pins?

Second Question, If I go ahead and remove the stickers would I be able to re-apply them should I need to sell to a non-car enthusiast?

and finally, would people recommend I do this minor mod? and is it worth it?

Thnx

Hoddo
dannymccann

30th Nov 06 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a red LS and the strips were just stuck on, but with it being red the paint behind them was basically new so it showed up no matter how much red T-cutting i tried

i dont think you will be able to reapply them either, although u can buy new ones from vaux or DIY glueing them back on
Hoddo

30th Nov 06 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've removed the rear badges and it look so much nicer! anyone think I should remove the rub strips? its a red car though
craig_s

30th Nov 06 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done my rub strips .the strips them self came off really easy but the sticky tape stuff took ages to get off.

[Edited on 30-11-2006 by sri power]
Hoddo

1st Dec 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
i done my rub strips .the strips them self came off really easy but the sticky tape stuff took ages to get off.

[Edited on 30-11-2006 by sri power]

Im really tempted to do it, but I've got a 96' reg - red corsa, Im worried that if I remove them they'll be a nasty difference in the paint, after removing the badges from the back the difference was only tiny and a good polishing restored it!

what you think?
craig_s

2nd Dec 06 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well mine is a 93-94 and i couldnt notice the difference but thats probly because its black.but when i done it with my red corsa you could see it a lot more

[Edited on 02-12-2006 by sri power]

New Poll