corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Web Design - Level 2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Web Design - Level 2
AdZ9

User status: Offline
30th Nov 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing nowadays is theres web designers everywhere, any tom dick and harry can do some sort of it nowadays. Usually they are dog shit though and can spot a bad designer a mile off.

Im a professionally qualified graphic designer but that doesnt really help me all that much in interviews, all down to portfolio usually. Don't get me wrong, qualifications are good and they do help but its a tough thing i think. Took me ages to get my first graphics job. Every job i applied for wanted experience, but i couldgnt get the experience because i couldnt get a job! Catch 22 !

I have a good friend who taught himself web design and just read alot and practisced and has a design background, he then made his portfolio and uses that to get work and jobs. He's just been signed to do some websites for Kano ( the music artist )

[Edited on 30-11-2006 by AdZ9]
Shelly
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Nov 06 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
We could run that in the evening subject to demand. The problem with Level 2 stuff is that you generally get a load of other IT stuff not just web design at that level.

TBH I don't want to get into all the technical stuff, that's just setting me up for more trouble at work. I always get called on to fix stuff or lessons on mailmerge etc. Just wanted to learn about web design, they are after someone to do the works website. I'd like to do it, but I don't have a clue where to start.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll