corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heater Control Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heater Control Problems
Gaz F

User status: Offline
   26th Nov 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The heater knob in the middle of the dash that allows you to control the speed of the heating 1, 2, 3 and 4 ...... has became very light It doesnt seem to like sorta click into each speed anymore, its just really light, what could the problem be ??? The heating still works its just i would like it to be like it always was, that clicked into each speed instead of just spinning so easily. Bound to be an easy fix ???

HELP !!!
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Nov 06 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The click is part of the switch mechanism. New switch will sort it but you'll need to strip the dash down a fair way.

I've probably one here you can have for a few quid if you fancy the job.
Gaz F

26th Nov 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian .... do you have a pic of the switch you mean ?? So i can strip the dash down and have a look at it ?? Then i could have that part of you Cheers!
Gaz F

27th Nov 06 at 03:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump ... Ian please read this
Adam-D

27th Nov 06 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are a couple of types of switch, i have a few spare

its the centre one right?

have it on position 3,
pull it out to rear de-mist

there is a hole at the bottom
put a long thin screwdirver in and pull the knob, it shud come off

then either side of the switch recessed in a little bit is a black tab each side, press these in while pulling the swich forward.

the switch can now be removed. if it already hasnt come out

there will be a bunch of numbers on the side of it

get them and ill see if i have a spare

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by Adam-D]

New Poll