corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Season ticket holders...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Season ticket holders...
Marc

User status: Offline
15th Nov 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...Who on here has a season ticket and how long have you had it? I was in the pub the other week and got chatting to this guy who had a Man United season ticket, although he was "just watching it in the pub" as his wife was ill () He said he was skint and in debt to several thousands of pounds and that he regularly borrowed money off his friends so he could go watch them play in Europe, then said he didn't know how he couldn't get a credit card! Tried convincing me that once you get one you never let it go. So who has one and how much debt are you in?!

[Edited on 15-11-2006 by Marc]
Cosmo

15th Nov 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have had my own season ticket since the Upper Centenary was built in 1992 (I was 7) with my Dad having one too.

I have had a season ticket since I was 5 though, as my Dads best mate who he used to go the match with and sat next to him had just had a baby and was giving it up, so used that for two years ish until we got the new ones. My Dad has had one for about 30yrs now I think.

Oh, and no debt from it.
Mather.16v

15th Nov 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weve had Man Utd season tickets in the family for about 20 years but ive only started paying for mine in the last 2 seasons

when i was younger we had two seats and would have to share going with my dad and 2 brothers, but for the last 5ish seasons we moved seats and now have three seats

as well we get tickets to all euro and cup home games, and apply to as many away games as possible
Cosmo

15th Nov 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh forgot about Euro games...

After the final in Istanbul (where we were lucky to get tickets) we found out that if you own 1 share you get offered tickets for European and FA Cup games before anyone else (inc Season Ticket Holders), so bought 5 shares in 5 different names (cost about 3 or 5k each - cant remember which) so can get upto 7 tickets for these games now!
--Dave--
Banned

15th Nov 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£5,000 for a single share?
--Dave--
Banned

15th Nov 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I apply to as many Arsenal games as I can but to be honest since getting the house I simply can't afford it Once you total up the travel and the stuff you buy when you're there it can be an expensive day out
Cosmo

15th Nov 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
£5,000 for a single share?

yeah, they arent a listed company so arent really that many shares out there and means price is higher.
--Dave--
Banned

15th Nov 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blimey
eddiewhiteley

15th Nov 06 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive got season ticket at united,had it since 1991,been going since 86 though.
Russ

15th Nov 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no season ticket, i just get a ticket from box office and sit in same general area, done it for years
Marc

16th Nov 06 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Oh forgot about Euro games...

After the final in Istanbul (where we were lucky to get tickets) we found out that if you own 1 share you get offered tickets for European and FA Cup games before anyone else (inc Season Ticket Holders), so bought 5 shares in 5 different names (cost about 3 or 5k each - cant remember which) so can get upto 7 tickets for these games now!

I've got/had 4 shares in United Received letters for 6 months on behalf of the Glaziers saying they wanted them. The value of 4 was £10, they offered me £8. They've never actually paid me so don't know if they took them or not.
topshot_2k
Banned

16th Nov 06 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get my spurs season ticket in 2 years but i have managed to go to all the big home games

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by topshot_2k]
Cosmo

16th Nov 06 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I've got/had 4 shares in United Received letters for 6 months on behalf of the Glaziers saying they wanted them. The value of 4 was £10, they offered me £8. They've never actually paid me so don't know if they took them or not.

I thought the final deal was for around 320p a share?

Weve had a few letter when Liverpool have been getting offers. Ive no problem selling them to the right person as wont be losing any money on them...but they better offer us a way to get the tickets before anyone else still as thats the only reason we own them!
Marc

16th Nov 06 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, I never received any money for them and still retain the certificate, which was to be sent off if you agreed to the sale. Shareholders United created the Phoenix fund for members to have their share money put in to for the time when/if Glazier pulls out. I never returned that form either

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by Marc]
Nath

16th Nov 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a season ticket at Luton last season but not this one. Mainly due to price rise's and the fact it was a strain getting to every game, especially midweek when I was working.
C2RL R

16th Nov 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the 3rd season i have had a bolton season ticket. Never used to bother coz i worked daft shifts so i would have missed most of the games. Plus the Reebok is never full so i used to just go to the ticket office on the day. Work days now tho so I can make it to all the games.
Jamescorsa97

16th Nov 06 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my season ticket 14 years now with boro and it costs £400 a season.

never had debt from it. My dad has had his 31 years and my uncle 28 years. All go together.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Season ticket holders... 24 database queries in 0.0143919 seconds