corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much damage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much damage?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
15th Nov 06 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much damage can a mis fire do to your car?

Since I got my car back from garage, it's started mis firing badly, and it sounds like a scooby... like it's only firing on 2 or 3 cylinders or something.

I'm not driving it ,but when we need to start it to test it, I'm worried I'm doing damage. What's the worse a mis fire could do? I have no cat so no worries about melting that.

I won't put a hole in my piston or anything from incorrect fueling will I?

ed

15th Nov 06 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends whats causing it and if it's pinking or misfiring...
Greasemonkey

15th Nov 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its major overfueling causing the misfire you can get bore wash which takes the lubricating properties of oil away from your cylinder bores and they might wear quick, this takes place over a long period of time though
AK

15th Nov 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

misfire at idle wont cause any real harm.

its prob just plugs or lead related
Jambo

15th Nov 06 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plug gaps?
Paul_J

15th Nov 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what I don't understand then is why was the car 100% fine, then handed it to them for a gearbox fitting, then now it's doing this, if it was related to plug gaps or something?

surely it's a elecrtical fault / sensor been moved / disconected or earth been moved / disconected when the gearbox was out.
corsakid2007

20th Jun 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have recently brought an R reg corsa sport 1.4i 16v and have the same trouble misfiring at idle have changed sparks,leads had new lamber sensor ... was adviced by a mobile tune up guy it was a sticky lifter so used engine flush and changed oil still there ........ was adviced due to it drinkin fuel while idling it may be a jacked valve but surely power would be low in 3rd 4th and 5th( which isnt the case.... !) oh and rev counter is searching up down little movements while idling any help much appreiciated.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much damage? 23 database queries in 0.0092061 seconds