corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Couple of pics of Live For Speed S2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of pics of Live For Speed S2
Paul_J

User status: Offline
8th Nov 06 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And when S3 gets released, they may even have a graphic update?

Dan B

8th Nov 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Dan B - The problem you had was you were playing on the Demo Server! It's full of complete knobs who just want to smash the cars up!

[...]

The other thing with realistic games is essentially they need the ability to control the cars with fine adjustments, this is why LFS is recommended to be played with a FFB steering wheel and pedals. If you try using a keyboard to control the car you'll soon be crashing.

The first point, I'll agree 95% on......I've been on some decent demo servers, occasionally (when I can find them), where there've been some really good drivers (into the high 1:33's or low 1:34's consistently on Blackwood with the XF GTi, is it, the FWD one?) who don't mind people who aren't quite as quick, as long as they don't swerve all over the track to stop people overtaking. But, yes, the majority of people want to treat the demo-game like Stunt Car Racer, and smash their way everywhere...

Definitely agree with you about control......I control mine with the mouse, and have turned the sensitivity down (even more so in the central-arc), and it's still hard enough to get pinpoint accuracy anywhere. I'm not prepared to buy a steering wheel and pedals just for one game I currently don't play all that much, though.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Nov 06 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my best time on blackwood in the XFG is 1:33:44 i think its 0.14 from the world record.

i agree LFS is in no way graphically amazing, but it has features such as the tyres..

the tyres are split into 96 seperate parts each one with there own heat and wear properties. so if you break hard and lock your tyres you will get a flatspot. and because of the way the tyres are designed you have tyre flex as seen in the below vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjlsDsmukU

i know the tyre move more than they should but there is a perfectly good reason for this.

and also about the point paul made of the small team. it was 3 but now its kinda 2 with victor having personal issues to deal with.. thats 2 ppl creating a game, its currently been 4 years maybe 5 in development..

the way they are making the game is like this.

S1 - Basic graphics engine, cars and tracks.

S2 - Updated graphics and complex physics updates+ updated ai cars.

S3 - Graphic and sound updates and final touches to the physics engine.

S2 has not been realeased yet and is still in the alpha stage of development. S3 is due for release sometime in 2010.

here is a picture of a Mclaren F1 modeled by a friend of the devs (will not be released)

Robin
Premium Member

8th Nov 06 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that Mclaren looks much better than the pics on page 1.

I agree, it is realistic, you can't go into a corner too fast, you can't put the power on too early, you can't brake mid bend, BUT, I'd rather play Forza, as the cars are real.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Nov 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Live for speed does include some 'Real' cars.

Formula 1

MRT5

Race About

Westfield / Caterham

Paul_J

8th Nov 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to fair robin, I don't play LFS for the cars, or the tracks. I play LFS for the F.U.N online, with decent compeitive races, where the car's handle realisticly and take skill to drive.

I own GT4 and a Ps2 so I can play any car I want and drive round real tracks like nurburg which I used to do a lot. Just I don't believe GT4 is that realistic (the FWD grip levels for example are extremely unrealistic) and sadly it's not online playable. Even if it was it'd probably be full of american 12 year old kids playing bumper cars

What people didn't get with chris's post is this game isn't trying to compete with GT4, Forza, PGR3 ... It's a PC Simulation that's good fun online - None of the other titles mentioned could be called A simulation.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll