corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Listed buildings

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Listed buildings
baza31

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone tried to fully renovate one? What problems did you come across legally , i.e bringing it back to its original state? extensions?

Seen a house which is grade 2. Its a bomb site and needs gutting. Do they give you any leeway ? i.e lower ceilings, floorboards , windows? i know they make you take the windows back to thier original state , but what if they are beond repair?

I just thought id try on here before i give planning a call this afternoon

Cheers
a_j_mair

3rd Nov 06 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you havent done any developing work do not go near it. will end up way over budget and time scale, listed building come with lots of different restrictions and clauses
mwg

3rd Nov 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pain in the arse to do.

If there are any detailed ceilings with cornices etc. then I doubt you will be able to do anything with them. When plastering walls etc. you have to use original techniques and materials.

I would say as far as windows are concerned then they would have you get ones made that replicate the original ones.

You cant really go about changing anything (there are exceptions, depends what it is that you want to do). Basically only allowed to put it back to its original state. Expensive and awkward, always consult planning office as you have to jump through hoops with everything on a listed building!
baza31

3rd Nov 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest how would they know? if i did it within reason. obviously everything externally would be left. but inside?
Fee

3rd Nov 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they wouldnt necessarily know.....
it becomes a problem when you then try to sell the property....the purchaser's solicitors will ask for the planning permission for all the work done and you won't be able to provide it.

You can do the work and then write to the Council asking for a letter of comfort, which basically means that they wont do anything about the work that you have done, but they may not necessarily agree to give you one
a_j_mair

3rd Nov 06 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Anyone tried to fully renovate one? What problems did you come across legally , i.e bringing it back to its original state? extensions?

Seen a house which is grade 2. Its a bomb site and needs gutting. Do they give you any leeway ? i.e lower ceilings, floorboards , windows? i know they make you take the windows back to thier original state , but what if they are beond repair?

I just thought id try on here before i give planning a call this afternoon

Cheers

without being offensive, the fact you are asking on here suggests you have no experience doing it and if that is the case it is a bad idea TBH
Ally

3rd Nov 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baza, still to the usual bog standard properties, as planning permission for redisential can be hard enough, let alone for any kind of listed building
MarkM

3rd Nov 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grade 2 means you cant alter the outside of the building at all...however you can alter the inside...

However if your not experienced in development I would recommend you stay well clear...

New Poll