corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Modding your Car via a Loan

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Modding your Car via a Loan
Cosmo

User status: Offline
6th Nov 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

modding a car adds litle or no value to it, so a few years down the line and youve just wasted that money.

You'd be best just buying a better car or just not get into debt in the first place.
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

6th Nov 06 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed_jones
fair points guys thanks alot i will take them into consideration, just feeling kinda skint at the mo after buying a winter car

Why did u buy a winter car?
You own a Corsa!!! Y drive around in a rubbish car over winter, its not as if it a collectors item.
I really dont see why people get winter cars or change there wheels at winter!

Its a CAR, it is used to get from A-B so use if for that not sat in the garage!
Rob H

6th Nov 06 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want it, then do it. Thousands of people get a loan to buy a new car, knowing full well as soon as they buy it, they've lost about 20% of the car's initial value.

£3k over 12 months isn't a great deal anyway, and you'll pay piss all (bout £100) extra back on it in interest.

Don't think i'd do it myself like, but if it makes you happy, go for it .
James

6th Nov 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chumbly_warner
quote:
Originally posted by ed_jones
fair points guys thanks alot i will take them into consideration, just feeling kinda skint at the mo after buying a winter car

Why did u buy a winter car?
You own a Corsa!!! Y drive around in a rubbish car over winter, its not as if it a collectors item.
I really dont see why people get winter cars or change there wheels at winter!

Its a CAR, it is used to get from A-B so use if for that not sat in the garage!

It amazes me when people that own a corsa buy a "runaround car"
Ojc

6th Nov 06 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe because we have spent £000's on making them pristine and don't want to have to spend another few £000's on making it pristine every 6 months.
Colin

6th Nov 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Maybe because we have spent £000's on making them pristine and don't want to have to spend another few £000's on making it pristine every 6 months.

Id rather that than spend £000's on a car I dont enjoy driving round

+ 2x tax
+ 2x mot
+ 2x insurance
+ 2x repairs

+ + +
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

6th Nov 06 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

LOL, by the time you have brought the 2nd car, insured it, taxed it, MOTed it you are running into alot lof money!
I drive my corsa everyday and at the end of the day its a car and it can be repaired or a respray for stone chips!
Ojc

6th Nov 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I drive my car 24/7 it will disapear into nothing.
broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 06 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always thought having a 2nd car was pointless, then my engine fell apart and i now see the point
ed_jones

7th Nov 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive bought a second car ( winter ) as i live out in the country down a narrow lane which in the winter gets very muddy and mucky, has a few pot holes here and there which dont get filled until spring summer by the council. And to do the run back and to to work in

my corsa is now garaged at my grandparents house in where im gona tidy it up, mod and put a xe in to it.

I would love to use my car every day and not have to buy another car but if i want to keep my corsa in decent nick i had to get another car and until i move away from home i will probs run 2 cars.

though i am still weighing up the decision as it has advantages and dissadvantages.
jr

7th Nov 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a second car for years now, much better

as this one has a heater, doesnt leak, dont worry where i park it, has a radio etc etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Modding your Car via a Loan 23 database queries in 0.0117249 seconds