corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Turbo and vacuum...? HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo and vacuum...? HELP
Rob B

User status: Offline
29th Oct 06 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, having a few problems with the GT but im sure same applys to all turbo car's.

Basically i have started to get a high pitched noise kind of like a kettle when its boiled...

I looked around for some boost/air leaks and found this little bodged job

Put a new bolt in and sealed it the best i could, after touching this the car now goes into vacuum alot lower than it did before, and i dont know if it should do this, car also feels like its lost power but again i dont know if this is me or whether it actually has....

Here's a vid of how low it goes into vacuum now, it used to stop dead on thirty but now when driving it stops dead on 60 so im slightly confused if its now correct or i have done something incorrect....

http://media.putfile.com/Boosting-wierd

if anyone has any ideas at all please help...

And also even though ive sealed that vacuum the high pitch noise is still there...
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
29th Oct 06 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from that pic, i'd say its definitely a boost leak.

have you driven it now? is it still making the whistle?
Rob B

29th Oct 06 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the pic or the vid ?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
29th Oct 06 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pic, that doesnt look normal to me, which would point towards a leak.
Rob B

29th Oct 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still making the whistle, thing is though, if i let it leak, the vacuum goes upto 0
SportBoy

29th Oct 06 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if any of the vacuum pipes are leaking it will give you a wrong reading on the boost gauge make sure there is no splits ni the vacuum pipes all over incl the one which goes to the boost gauge . all turbo cars will run with vacuum when ticking over and driving steady . only when you boost it up will it go into +
Rob B

29th Oct 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, but it used to stop just above 30 did you manage to watch the video of what its doing.

New Poll