corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » forged pistons

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author forged pistons
williamsvts

User status: Offline
11th Oct 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is what iv herd rite, that c20xe's have forged pistons as standard? plus does any 1 know what the compression should be roughly on a redtop? thanks
lee mitchell

11th Oct 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

early ones had mahles yea. as for compression. it can vary. mine has over 200 but its been rebuilt. otherones i have tested have been around 150-180
williamsvts

11th Oct 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just my xe has tb's and apparently high comp pistons but the power is really low like 175bhp. 188lbfl and the guy who mapped it is trying to say that its the cams, where kent r saying with the spec it should run 220 bhp. i did a comp test and the results varied from 125 to 190. it has just hadn a top end rebuild aswell. i did a comp test b4 it went away and am sure it was higher than that at the time.
lee mitchell

11th Oct 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the test shouldnt vary that much that is quite a difference really.adam k has had similar thing with his bhp being down which he is trying to sort. youve got a good torque figure there thou
williamsvts

11th Oct 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it was ok but when it was being mapped it was like a vtec had power bands where the torque cut in and out. the guy told me that it was 165 on each pot and iv only drove it back from leicester to newcastle. the guy also said it ha wild cams in, with high comp pistons. and said he didnt know if the pistons would haven to be machined to take the valves. personally i think he has just put a thicker headgaskett on.
lee mitchell

11th Oct 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a cometic gasket.? can u see if hes put 2 together?
williamsvts

11th Oct 06 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is a cometic gaskett?? it looks as tho it has a few layers. and it is steel i know that.
lee mitchell

12th Oct 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a gasket which costs around £100 but u can re use it time after time. they comein different sizes 1.9mm etc they may have used a z20let one if its different layers etc
ed

12th Oct 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine has forged pistons

New Poll