corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Rating

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit Rating
Gg_mf

User status: Offline
6th Oct 06 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ClaireF
quote:
Originally posted by Gg_mf
Personally i think Bench clothes are chavvy. Especially Goldigga...

no dont over here

Kathryn W

6th Oct 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bench fleece, which is black with bench on the rear neck, and a goldigga jacket that's cream...

They're the only clothe's of them name's that i wear
John_C

6th Oct 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no way thats minging

u dont own any leather boots then
John_C

6th Oct 06 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u may struggle to get a 0% int free car without previous history.

make sure your on the electoral role, this shows up on your credit score
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Oct 06 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a look at a mint card, It says 0% on purchases until August 2007 - so i thought, great. Buy it now and pay off credit card before next august, then chop the fucker up. I scroll down a bit, then it says: 0% on purchases for upto 59days!?

What does this mean?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Gg_mf

6th Oct 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well prob means depends on how good your rating is to how long they give u at 0%
--Dave--
Banned

6th Oct 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually one will be the interest free period for balance transfers. The other will be for standard purchases made on the card when it is taken out.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Oct 06 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is just gay. I could pay the laptop off next month, its just on a double memory special offer right now - so dont wanna have to wait.

Looks like i'll have to

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
--Dave--
Banned

6th Oct 06 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm pretty sure the 59 days will be on purchases. Usually the longer period is for balance transfers from other cards.

Get the laptop now with the card and you have 60 days to pay it
TNM

6th Oct 06 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
for starters that tops just from primark, rest clothes are bench, goldigga, hooch as i like my chav brands

--Dave--
Banned

6th Oct 06 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went in the halifax today to apply for one of their credit cards, and i got declined. wtf?

I've never been in debt in my life - why can't I get approved for anything?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
TNM

7th Oct 06 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try egg.
Toby
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a load of credit cards and cut them up this allows you to get good credit rating because you always make your payments on time (because there are non)
Andrew

7th Oct 06 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a credit card. They are about as stupid as the person using it. I use it for times when i've no money but something such as a bill needs paying. That was you don't fuck up your credit rating and then credit card is paid off once i get the statement in.

I've been stupid in the past, but i've had to grow up quickly.
Dan B

7th Oct 06 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A contract phone, that also bumps your credit rating up slightly, aswell...

Oh, and in the right hands, credit cards are fine......I've got four, used as below:

Card 1: activated, balance £0.00, used for petrol and purchases and paid off in full every month
Card 2: de-activated, balance £500.00, interest rate 0% on special offer until January 2007, will be paid off next month (finally)
Card 3: de-activated, balance £0.00, not used
Card 4: de-activated, balance £0.00, not used

Cards 2-4 are there, in case I need the money in an emergency (a proper one, not just an "oh, I must buy that stereo/car/computer/etc now" moment), and can be activated with a simple phone-call...

[Edited on 07-10-2006 by Dan B]
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 06 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclaycard - paid off each month in full, only used online and I get a new card regularly so the number is never more than a few months old.
Post Office - 6 months interest free, paying off few hundred a month, will move when the 6 months is up.
Natwest - same except its 9.
Virgin - surprised me by offering me another 9 months after I already had it, so thats in the bank earning interest.
Marc

7th Oct 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mastercard - Paid off every month in full.

If I can't initially afford it, I don't buy it. I see a credit card as a secure payment method.
Rob H

7th Oct 06 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Just seen a laptop with a free double memory offer this week, so thought great - ill buy it now, using the 9month free credit option to buy it, and payoff next year.

thing is, as ive never taken out a loan/credit card before - I've got no credit history, and I can't get approved.

Colleague suggested taking out a credit card - buying the laptop with that, and pay that off. Apparently I could shop around and find a credit card with 9month interest free blah blah blah, is this a good idea?

Once i've paid off the credit card, obviously I will have got myself a rating, and will stand good in the future for this sort of thing.

I'd prefer not to get a credit card though, as im a weakling when it comes to temptation

Any Ideas?

If you can't get the finance, then i doubt you'll get the credit card, especially not one with rewards, or an interest free period.

Who do you bank with? Approach them and ask them for a credit card. Because they can actually see what is coming in and out of your account, their more likely to give you one. If they initially decline, ask for a lower credit limit. If they still won't threaten to close the account and move banks (usually makes them wake up).

A thing to note is that every time you apply and are turned down, your score decreses aswell.

I got a credit card to avoid the problems your having now. Ended up having to have a "Student Credit card" due to me having a student bank account though, so i've got a piss poor limit on it, but still get to increase my Credit rating by using it effectively.
Andrew

7th Oct 06 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Barclaycard - paid off each month in full, only used online and I get a new card regularly so the number is never more than a few months old.
Post Office - 6 months interest free, paying off few hundred a month, will move when the 6 months is up.
Natwest - same except its 9.
Virgin - surprised me by offering me another 9 months after I already had it, so thats in the bank earning interest.

I thought i was skint
ed

7th Oct 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I have done is got a credit card and use it to buy small stuff and pay it off every month. However, it might be worth leaving it in about £50 debt now and again because for some reason that is meant to build your rating too. Need to do that because there is no way I'm going to be able to afford a house when I'm older without some serious loanage
John

7th Oct 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Rating 24 database queries in 0.1988721 seconds