corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Help with TalkTalk BB install

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with TalkTalk BB install
SteveW

User status: Offline
26th Sep 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum bought TalkTalk broardband for home. I tried installing the software and modem drivers using their Connect & Go CD. but now my PC keeps crashing before the CD is finished installing.

Get to the point of setting up emails and then crashes. also now says we have viruses on the PC. Didnt have any until i tried to install this BB software.
Bloodhound.W32.EP
Navyblue.exe

both are causing it to crash as well.
Booting it up into Safe Mode works and i can remove the TalkTalk software alright and it works and come up with no viruses. When i install the TalkTalk Security Software it drops dead !!!

So now i have NO INTERNET

Help please guys n gals
Aaron

26th Sep 06 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloodhoundw32.Ep is a virus is it not
SteveW

26th Sep 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah.. but Sophos says its a hoax and other sites say its like a timebomb !

it hasnt come up ever until i tried installing this bloody TT Security Software
Dan B

26th Sep 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A "bloodhound" isn't a virus, specifically......it's a heuristic-scanner, of sorts, that looks for the BEHAVIOUR of viruses. If a program tries to do something that the scanner believes a virus may try to do, it may label it as a "bloodhound". The characteristics of this find are then processed to the anti-virus company, who classify it and add it to their virus-vault for future virus-databases.

My parents have TT Broadband at home, but they were lucky in that they have an old (and infinitely more decent than the Sagem crap TT send out) Speedtouch 330/USB modem to use.

So, didn't bother installing the TT software, and just manually configured the connection to use the Speedtouch modem. Worked fine, first time...
Bart

26th Sep 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

talk talk broadband..

best of luck

check out the TT forums.
too many people have jumped on that bandwagon, and once again, their another crappy isp who dont have the capacity.

expect disconnects and packet loss my friend

New Poll