corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Football Boots

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Football Boots
gianluigi

User status: Offline
26th Sep 06 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Lugi get a grip FFS

the comment made by rob, which i agreed with amost some others is:

"players that where white/gold/purple/gay boots, often carry themselves on the pitch like there a star, are gods gift, usally throw in 20x to many stepovers, etc etc

that is 99% of cases ive found playing in what technically is the biggest leage in the uk

now, these players (much like the flashy players in the prem etc) attract attention to themselves

now much like in the prem, these players are targetted, look at people liek ronnaldo, di canio (god ) etc it happens, flasy player get targetted by defender, some times the skip round it, some times there shit, and are making out to be something there not, and get tackled, get over it

lesson 1: stand out for the right reasons

this comment i can go someway to agreeing with. purley because you're not just saying (as robbo did word-for-word) that players with coloured boots deserve a kicking. This sort of comment annoys me, I started playing sunday league at 17, i got a blue/silver pair of total 90's, i was excited naturally as i love to play football, i know how pissed off i'd be if i was targetted and put off sunday league just cos the opponents had the attitude and said "look at his boots...get him" That isn't what football is about, IMO there's no place for that attitude on the pitch, such as there's no room for racism in the game.

Now i think you'd also agree with (as i do) the warning tackle, if you play in defence, you'd slide takle the stiker early in the game, make it a crunching one...i get this a lot, i accept it and get on with the game.
Robbo

26th Sep 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
"look at his boots...get him"
Nobody ever suggested that to be the case and if you can't read around my comment then PGTF

I REPEAT: At the lowest level of football most players with coloured boots are cocky twats hence why they purchased them... it is rarer these days as coloured boots are so common but a few years ago they were few and far between and mostly adopted by cocky runts thinking they are Ronaldo but were dogshite!
gianluigi

27th Sep 06 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So only players who are a cut above the rest are allowed to wear coloured boots? Not young players who want to be like their role model for example?

[Edited on 27-09-2006 by gianluigi]
Jamie Walby

27th Sep 06 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wear blue boots but they are a couple of years old.
--Dave--
Banned

27th Sep 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are being a bit unfair on Luigi telling him to GTF to be honest

I can see where everyone is coming on but I actually think we all agree with each other here. Luigi perhaps isn't getting his point across that well.

I'm sure if we were to all play football it would be a fantastic game and everyone would have had fun
J da Silva

27th Sep 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Luigi got his point across immediately to me, he's right though, taking a player with coloured boots out is even more arrogant, it's like saying " Us with black boots are the daddies, we decide ", unfortunately for them I'll net a brace or hat-trick in order to make their Saturday/Sunday a very poor day.
Jamie Walby

27th Sep 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I scored from the edge of the area with a curling LEFT FOOTED shot last season wearing blue boots
Hammer

27th Sep 06 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you play with coloured boots or you try and play the fancy dan act in certain leagues up here you will got bumped on your arse simple as that, so i can see exactly where Robbo is coming from.

In all honesty football is becoming more of a posers sport than a mans game, whats the actual reason for wearing coloured boots in the first place, will it make you hit the ball harder or conduce greater swerve on the ball
J da Silva

27th Sep 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe the white boot thing was started by Alan Hinton, a Derby County player in the 70's.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Football Boots 24 database queries in 0.0150671 seconds