corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mantzel confusion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mantzel confusion
pallen

User status: Offline
24th Sep 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i bought a c16xe with mantzel but i had to build the engine myself. the mantzel is confusing me a bit even after lloking through the instructions on the net. its the bit next to where the vaccums are situated. wel the only port left on the manifold after the vacums and servo vacuum are fitted. is it a pipe that is supposed to come off the egr or a modification of the fuel rail. please help its the last thing i have to do to complete my car
bieransri

24th Sep 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it not the vacuum for the fpr?
pallen

24th Sep 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont no. on http://www.corsa-novatuning.nl/nl/pdf/Tuning%20X14XE%20_%20X16XE.pdf it shows a metal pipe going to it. and it goes under where the old throttle was. i made up a plate to put where the old throttle was but from the pictures on this site and on the courtnay write up it shows a union on it. so im really confused. i dont no what this does. but whatevers wrong is making the car no start very well and isnt as responsive as i think it should be
bieransri

24th Sep 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure then mate, sure someone on here will be able to help thogh as many have mantzels on here
willhouse

25th Sep 06 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right the metal pipe shown on that turorial (which would be mint if it was in english) looks like a good idea in my opinion. what they have done is blanked of the egr outlet to where the existing throttle body is and routed a copper pipe from that to the inlet which essentially means that everything on the new inlet works the same as what it did originally with regards to the egr. now to make your engine work you dont need to have the egr running in to the inlet- all you need to do is blank the egr with a blanking plate.

any other hoses that you have lose around that area should be vacuum hoses if they are resonably small and should be connected to the inlet manifold.

the only other 2 hoses to do with the inlet are the water hoses which connect to the throttle body and back to the header tank.

hope this helps
pallen

25th Sep 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that. does it matter if the throttle isnt cooled. and as i have only just fitted this 1.6 in my 1.2 i dont no how much power i should be expecting. im not impresseds with what is giving out. my 106 1.3 rallye absolutely kills it. it just feels a bit restrictive. ive blanked off the extra vacuum on the power box and it runs ok but somethins not right
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Sep 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no cooling is needed on the tb.
willhouse

26th Sep 06 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked for air leaks or anything? is your throttle cable adjusted to open the throttle body fully? it should feel a hell or alot faster than the rallye.
pallen

26th Sep 06 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no air leaks at all and now everythin is connected right but on starting if i leave the ignition on for 30s b4 turning the key it starts fine otherwise it will stall. but either way acceleration is shit. and this is with a mantzel and chipped ecu
willhouse

28th Sep 06 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you disconnected the battery? you may need to to reset the ecu to get it used to the new inlet by disconnecting it for 5 minutes
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Sep 06 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willhouse
have you disconnected the battery? you may need to to reset the ecu to get it used to the new inlet by disconnecting it for 5 minutes

this does f*ck all btw.
willhouse

28th Sep 06 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt know that Dave, thought it may help, obviously not. lol.
Cybermonkey

28th Sep 06 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ECU will readjust much quicker if its reset, but it takes a damn sight longer than 5 minutes after its been disconnected
Corsa E-Tec

28th Sep 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

extra vacum blocked off

a few pics to help.

old pic, garden hose was changed ages ago

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/2818/CIMG0173.JPG

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/2818/22022006003.jpg

loads in me garage under the blue GSI

[Edited on 28-09-2006 by Corsa E-Tec]

New Poll