corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » joining vehicle recovery companies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author joining vehicle recovery companies
corsa-sxi

User status: Offline
19th Sep 06 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im contemplating joining either AA or RAC for some while now, since the car is nearly 4 yrs old and has some niggly problems, especially cutting out like it did 2night, which i dnt want to happen again, i have heard one off recovery costs are high, so paying a membership fee is worth it?

question is who is the best?

and AA seem to offer a cheaper membership for recurring annual payments from credit card, rather than a one off, does that mean that im under contract to renew every year?
Haimsey
Premium Member

19th Sep 06 at 01:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been with the AA for 3 years, ive not broke down yet they must be good

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
chr15barn3s

19th Sep 06 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with RAC, there always offering good deals at service stations so i took them up on the offer.
K2 GTi

19th Sep 06 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with RAC, been picked up 3 times by them.... twice when I wasn't even in my car

very handy

[Edited on 19-09-2006 by K2 GTi]
Marc

19th Sep 06 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Subaru Assist for a year, never needed it. I can get cheap membership with the AA through work but havn't bothered.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Sep 06 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't have and recovery service...
My Renault 5 Turbo water pump went on the way to work Cost me £170 to get it towed from the hard shoulder to a garage

Needless to say, I splashed out £40 and joined the AA, but not needed them since
Marc

19th Sep 06 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it was an R5

James

19th Sep 06 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get cheap AA membership through the AA

I work for them

Only for 4 more days though
corsa-sxi

19th Sep 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u tell me what the diff is between paying 1 off and paying under annual recurring payment james? paying 1 off seems more...am i under contract to renew each yr or something
Teddy

19th Sep 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More than worth it.

When i had a wheel come off on a Belgian motorway - they took me right to my door.

Didnt cost me a penny

[Edited on 19-09-2006 by Teddy]
corsa-sxi

19th Sep 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going for option 100, take u to closest garage or anywhere else as long as its not further..does that seem bad, cos it wont tow u home, only to a garage>

and who is better, AA, RAC or Greenflag? greenflag offer free home start tho, but thats not much use is it?

[Edited on 19-09-2006 by corsa-sxi]
Brett
Premium Member

19th Sep 06 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Well it was an R5

It was an ace car tho! 17yr old water pump, what can i say?
Marc

19th Sep 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose it didn't do too bad then!!!
ainsley_brader

19th Sep 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
im going for option 100, take u to closest garage or anywhere else as long as its not further..does that seem bad, cos it wont tow u home, only to a garage>

and who is better, AA, RAC or Greenflag? greenflag offer free home start tho, but thats not much use is it?

[Edited on 19-09-2006 by corsa-sxi]

tbh I would get relay as well, depends a bit how much travelling you do.

But for me doing a lot of miles even though i own a garage i joined the AA.

First time i used them was on the M25 near dartford in 205 i had just bought and cv joint gone. Now if i had roadside they would only have took it to a garage in London, which would you prefer London prices or Hull prices? Needless to say they brought me home.

Second time i used them was PVS this year in my corsa finished the 2.0l conversion on the saturday alternator light was flashing on and off and eventually stayed off. So drove to santa pod thinking nothing of it and it died on me just inside the gate. AA came out (after id looked round the show) and because they didnt fancy towing it he suggested fitting a battery and following me home until it died. Luckily it made it all the way home so he swapped the batterys back and off he went. No charge

Third time was in Lincoln in a mates golf and PAS belt snapped one sunday. AA changed it and charged him for the belt, a fiver.

So for me well worth it would highly recommend AA but would go for roadside and relay but probably not homestart!

Sorry for the essay
corsa-sxi

19th Sep 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, i never really go for, only to 2 cars shows per yr and occasion trip shopping leeds, manchester etc so i dunno

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » joining vehicle recovery companies 24 database queries in 0.0137331 seconds