corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v help cutting out and rough idle ASAP please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v help cutting out and rough idle ASAP please
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   12th Sep 06 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to cause a bit of a seen by having my car cut out and not restart whilst sitting in traffic on the A13 this evening

ending up having to push the f'ing thing from the outside lane and up the biggest kurb known to man (scratching a wheel and almost removing my splitter in the process )

anyway it started up fine in the car park at work and i drove for about 10 mins till i hit the traffic. it then cut out when i went to edge forward. I thought i had stalled but it would not restart.
Left it for a while and it started but then kept dieing when you didnt rev it as it couldnt keep an idle.
then after about 10 mins faffing trying to find my rac membership number i gave it a final try and it seemed fine and was so the rest of the journey

just wondering what i could check this eveing to make sure its ok tomoro

only things i could think of would be the plugs and fuel filter

any suggestion mucho apriciated

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DarkBahamut

12th Sep 06 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the EM light come on at all?
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 06 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no em light.

it drove fine all day today

but i think it may be a fueling problem some im going to go to halfrauds to get some injection cleaner to put in the tank and il see how it goes

not sure if it may be over fueling as well as it pops and bangs on over run and it never used too

MikeE

13th Sep 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the millage gavin?
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 06 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

55,000 almost. Had a full service about 10 months ago with new fuel filter etc.

ive put some injector cleaner into a full tank of petrol and brought some of the carb cleaner to spray into the intake etc. so i will see what happens

gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Sep 06 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slight update.

its happend a couple more times this week. seems to be happening in traffic etc.
so i am also thinking that it could now be an over heating problem. As if you leave it a little bit then start it and give it a few revs its fine

no em lights or anything though

Planty02

23rd Sep 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it happen more when its wet by any chance?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Sep 06 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heat problem? Whats the temp gauge at?
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Sep 06 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its nothing over the top, fan comes on as usual etc

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Sep 06 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then it cant be a heat problem surely?
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Sep 06 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your probably right as i spent a good hour in traffic today with the fan cutting in and out and had no problems.

I really dont know what triggers it it seems to happen completly randomly the only thing in common is that every time it happens its when you are going to pull away. Its like you have stalled but it just cuts out with no juddering or anything.
It then wont restart for a short while and will die unless you keep reving it for a short while afterwards.

so im stumped

[Edited on 25-09-2006 by gavin18787]

New Poll