corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SRi for Corsa D?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SRi for Corsa D?
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
9th Sep 06 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do wonder if there are any plans for an SRi model for the Corsa D? I reckon the VVT 1.8 will do quite nicely! 140bhp IIRC?
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Sep 06 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are plans for VXR over here, quicker than that. Not sure what you're getting.
Cybermonkey

9th Sep 06 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian i am well aware of the VXR. check out www.opelaus.com
Our current Barina is a rebadged Daewoo But there are rumours that the Gamma platform will be built in China as a Buick and exported all over Asia, so the chance of getting a decent Barina again isnt impossible. And what with Holden being total nutters that they are, i hope they do bring it over and add a hot-ish model to the lineup. yesterday i saw an HSV VXR
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Sep 06 at 01:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I envy the Australian line-up for all cars except the dubious choice of Suzuki/Daewoo parts bin stuff they call Barinas.

The model comparable to current SRi will probably be called SXi bonus or something equally plain.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Sep 06 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the 1.8 is planned, I'm sure I red it in Auto Express a few months back, there's a gap at the top of the range severely lacking a petrol model below the VXR.

I'd have thought it will definitely be the 140bhp version though, otherwise it would be exactly the same power as the 1.7 CDTi, but with substantially less torque.

Although the market might not be there for it, as the biggest seller will be the 1.2 or the 1.3 D.

[Edited on 09-09-2006 by robmarriott]
Cybermonkey

9th Sep 06 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its not gonna be a money-maker like the SXi's, Club models etc etc, but i tihnk it would be a nice touch for Vauxhall/Opel to add an SRi model to the lineup using the 140bhp 1.8, perhaps with a similar look to the VXR. Not everyone os going to be able to afford the VXR when it comes out so an SRi would be an intermediate choice for someone who doesnt want a performance diesel either. i think the market is there for it
Robin
Premium Member

9th Sep 06 at 02:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i often wonder how well a 1.6 C would have sold.

I would have bought one over the 1.8, purely for insurance....

the 1.4 is too slow, the 1.8 is too expensive, a 1.6 could have worked really well.

the 1.8 in the D range would be this very car IMO
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Sep 06 at 02:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If previous Vauxhall offerings are anything to go by, there will be a visually similar yet smaller engined version somewhere in the offing. They've been doing it for years throughout the range with the SXi model.
Cybermonkey

9th Sep 06 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the SXi hasnt exactly been performance inspired though Ian, originally offered with the 1.2, then the decent 1.3 CDTi. i think an SRi in the Corsa D will be very similar performance-wise to the C SRi because of the extra weight its lugging around, even though it produces 15bhp more...
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Sep 06 at 02:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean in terms of it being cheaper and more insurance friendly than the range topper, but being aimed at the same people. If the new quick one is very quick, the warm one should be no slouch either compared to the current range.
Cybermonkey

9th Sep 06 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do hope Holden get it right this time!!!
Steve
Premium Member

9th Sep 06 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why was there never a corsa c gsi
Marc

9th Sep 06 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well wasn't the Corsa VXR ( ) originally going to be the GSi?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Sep 06 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well to keep inline with the range at the time, ie the astra gsi turbo etc it would have had to of been a GSi
mk4_astra

9th Sep 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it would be a good idea to realise the sri with the 1.6T being around 140/150bhp. the mk5 astra sri(170bhp and 200bhp 2.0T) was popular along with the sri diesel
Cybermonkey

9th Sep 06 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
i think it would be a good idea to realise the sri with the 1.6T being around 140/150bhp. the mk5 astra sri(170bhp and 200bhp 2.0T) was popular along with the sri diesel

if there will be an SRi, i suspect they will use the 1.8, not the turbo 1.6
burgess

9th Sep 06 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should follow vw's line with a supercharged AND turbo charged 1.4!
now thats cool
ed

9th Sep 06 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With direct cylinder fuel injection....
Steve
Premium Member

9th Sep 06 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my megane was direct injection

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SRi for Corsa D? 23 database queries in 0.0137382 seconds