corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Designing a Website

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Designing a Website
Andy_sxi

User status: Offline
8th Sep 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you guys use to design a website I have used frontpage but its basic and theres not alot more I can do on it. I thought about dreamweaver but not sure which is the latest and best. Also do professionals use all coding and then implement it into a software after. Thanks for any help
James

8th Sep 06 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you want it to do.

Simple sites, you can just use HTML, I personally just write the HTML in notepad or something similar but if you want to use a design package I would recommend dreamweaver.

If you want more advanced stuff like sending emails or connecting to databases you can use something like Classic ASP, ASP.Net or PHP.

PHP is free and can be developed in something like notepad easily.

I use ASP.Net but only because I have a lot of experience in it.

Anything else?
supacook2k

8th Sep 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can use frontpage fine. start using flash and incorporate it into your website. you can have loads of fun with flash and it will make your site look more professional if thats what your going for
Steve
Premium Member

8th Sep 06 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flash is not good in websites, its chunky and cheesy and is dated. flash has its place but doesn't need to be used to create a professional page. Clean simple lines are good.
Jodi_the_g

8th Sep 06 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use ASP.Net both C# and VB allot but many for intranet applications at the moment.

PHP is also good for the more dynamic websites.

I would have a look on the internet for tutorials and learn the basics in notepad first get a idea of the code if you want to learn it as FrontPage seems to put allot of unneeded code in.

And I agree Steve unless its something special flash can look tack and to over kill if not done to a very high standard. Plus its slow.

New Poll