corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Morethan Drivetime insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Morethan Drivetime insurance
ed

User status: Offline
4th Sep 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can pick up 60mph on my driveway if I try ...
dna23

4th Sep 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, I enquired a year or two a go when they offered me it over the phone as a trial thing... I just instantly thought what if i go over 70 or something?

Anyway he was quite sketchy on it for obvious reasons (it was new and they wanted people to sign up) but basically if you exceed it then I was likely to be fined or something happen... It wouldn't go unnoticed thats for sure.

I may ring them tomorrow and ask
Robin
Premium Member

4th Sep 06 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chr15barn3s
quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
i dunno, i thought it did :S

wonder what they'd do for santa pod though?

"you were doing 112mph in a field near poddington"

Probably charge you more for competition use

but the dragstrip doesnt show on satnav they'd genuinely think you were in a field
dna23

4th Sep 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A company I used to work for had trackers fitted to all the vans. You could watch them on the computer, see a pitcure moving along the road in the direction and side there on etc... showing times, distance, mileage, speed and fuel consumption. It can even tell when the engines off and a few other things.

Mate works for an air conditioning company and his van has been fitted with one of these, there computer at the HQ flashes up everytime a van exceeds 85mph and they get some sort of disciplinary action
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 06 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
They would need to track your exact location

Easy, GPS
quote:
Originally posted by ed
know the road you were on

Easy, any nav data and software does this when plotting your position on a map.
quote:
Originally posted by ed
know the speed limit for that road

Easy, Road Angel and similar do this, data is already available both for limits and road trend data, ie. what speed you can expect to do on the road, hence how nav devices work out what time you're going to arrive at places.

I did read this thread and think that might work for the Corsa until I remembered about how much death it gets on every outing.

Don't forget of course - you are getting a free tracker in case the car is stolen, which would bring the premium down anyway.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 06 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
I wouldnt trust anyone monitoring how i use my car
Data Protection Act.
Your data can be disclosed if there's a legal interest in doing so, ie. if you're getting done for speeding.
ed

4th Sep 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking more along the lines of the data being collected had to relevent to the reason they were collecting it. I guess speed info probably could be written and worded in such a way to allow them to do so without causing too mcuh fuss.
chr15barn3s

4th Sep 06 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
quote:
A company I used to work for had trackers fitted to all the vans. You could watch them on the computer, see a pitcure moving along the road in the direction and side there on etc... showing times, distance, mileage, speed and fuel consumption. It can even tell when the engines off and a few other things.

Mate works for an air conditioning company and his van has been fitted with one of these, there computer at the HQ flashes up everytime a van exceeds 85mph and they get some sort of disciplinary action

Our manager was a twat, he printed the info out every night to check what we were doing. They didnt like the fact a transit did 98mph

I suppose thats one good arguement for it Ian, the fact your car has a tracker.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 06 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving habits are very much related to your insurance policy Ed!
Lynny

4th Sep 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
I was thinking that, It would work out cheaper on certain cars, but it still doesnt seem right people monitoring when you are using your car

dont think they monitor when youre using your car exactly, basically same as driving without insurance now. if something happens when you're out 11pm-6am, youre fucked, insurance is void. basically comes down to whether people would take the risk or not....
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 06 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They bill you for the night Lynny.
Lynny

4th Sep 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im confused?
Robin
Premium Member

4th Sep 06 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you drive between 11 and 6, they charge you, like driving on a toll road.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 06 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard policy is cheaper, then if you drive outside of hours they bill you at £25 per night.

If you crash, thats OK, as your premium for the night will have been paid automatically. It sorts out covering you if need be, hence the tracker.
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Sep 06 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought most accidents happen during the day!! Bit silly imo.

Insurance based on your mileage would be heaps better....same with road tax

i.e. If you only do 5k a year in your car - £200 insurance & say £50 road tax

If you do 20k a year - £800 insurance & £200 road tax.

Obviously this would still need to be coincide with factors like age / type of car points / convictions etc somehow to work but I think it would be better than the current nonsense or 'daytime insurance'.

[Edited on 04-09-2006 by JadeM]
chr15barn3s

4th Sep 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
I would have thought most accidents happen during the day!! Bit silly imo.

i.e. If you only do 5k a year in your car - £200 insurance & say £50 road tax

If you do 20k a year - £800 insurance & £200 road tax.

Obviously this would still need to be coincide with factors like age / type of car points / convictions etc somehow to work but I think it would be better than the current nonsense or 'daytime insurance'.

[Edited on 04-09-2006 by JadeM]

Agreed

To be fair though it is at night when a lot of young drivers crash because there fucking about. I know of people that have done it, some havnt lived to tell the tale. I think this is what they are trying to stop.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 06 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Tax is easily sorted, put it on fuel and ditch the disc.
chr15barn3s

4th Sep 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

An engineer installs a GPS device or 'DriveTime' unit in your car at no extra charge for the period of insurance

What happens at the end of the policy? Do you pay them for it? Or do they charge you to remove it? I honestly would never trust insurance companies. They will try and take advantage of as many people as possible and dont care how they make money. I would be pretty pissed off aswell if I stayed out 5 minutes after 11 and got charged £25. They could atleast stagger the charge.
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Sep 06 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Tax is easily sorted, put it on fuel and ditch the disc.

Yeah I was going to add that but thought it was a different arguement which I didnt really want to get started on

BUT seeing you mentioned it,
with the taxation on fuel being 70% on what we pay at the pumps why the hell are we paying road tax fecking money grabbing pricks!!!!

ed

4th Sep 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

An engineer installs a GPS device or 'DriveTime' unit in your car at no extra charge for the period of insurance

What happens at the end of the policy? Do you pay them for it? Or do they charge you to remove it? I honestly would never trust insurance companies. They will try and take advantage of as many people as possible and dont care how they make money. I would be pretty pissed off aswell if I stayed out 5 minutes after 11 and got charged £25. They could atleast stagger the charge.
It actually tells you they remove the device when the policy expires

This is the first attempt at this, so price staggering could be something implemented in thr future?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Morethan Drivetime insurance 23 database queries in 0.1985271 seconds