corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TB info please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TB info please
Greg_M

User status: Offline
18th Aug 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am looking into TB at the min, mainly to weigh up my options, not because im dreaming

and i would like some info please. on what i would actually need ect. where to go, as i have spoken to a few companies but they just try and flog me stuff

So can people that have actually got TBS or knowledgable people point me in the right direction or give me some info on what i would need and the costs and rewards (bhp ect)

[Edited on 18-08-2006 by Greg_M]
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much do you have to spend

you need the follwong items:

inlet (or dth tb's)
tb's
linkage
fuel rail
fpr
some fuel hose
management
loom
proper map (dont run it on a base map)

will you fit it all?

RobHayes

18th Aug 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bring it to me, i'll do it

Greg_M

18th Aug 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitting isnt a problem, the mapping will be.

what sort of price will 'kits' be? to achieve say around 200bhp?

will i need the strengthen the bottom end? i
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will need arp rod bolts for deffo, and dependant on cams you will need pocketed pistons, may aswell go forged?

for management i cant recommend what i have enough, will cost £1200+vat for the system i have, it has built in launch control and full throttle gear change.

anyway, enough of the sales pitch, 190ish is achievable on standard cams, get some fast road cams and itll push you towards 200bhp.
Greg_M

18th Aug 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so £1200 for the management? how much for the rest of the stuff?

could jam sport do all this mark, fit everythign and set up ect?
Mattb

18th Aug 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you running a 2.0?

if so i would get the throttle bodies direct from jenvey or QED as this will be cheaper than going through a tuning company such as SBD.

200bhp on an xe allegedly is achievable with standard cams but a decent large exhaust manifold is needed (accordin to SBD)

Mine made 185 on standard cams and 2/3 mapped fueling and unmapped ignition (she kept overheating due to a cracked head so mapping was abandoned) but i did make 214bhp on crappy kent fast road cams (260 degree duration) but close to standard torque - 143lb/ft
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill send you a u2u
AK

18th Aug 06 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

qed use jenvey too
Greg_M

18th Aug 06 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
you running a 2.0?

if so i would get the throttle bodies direct from jenvey or QED as this will be cheaper than going through a tuning company such as SBD.

200bhp on an xe allegedly is achievable with standard cams but a decent large exhaust manifold is needed (accordin to SBD)

Mine made 185 on standard cams and 2/3 mapped fueling and unmapped ignition (she kept overheating due to a cracked head so mapping was abandoned) but i did make 214bhp on crappy kent fast road cams (260 degree duration) but close to standard torque - 143lb/ft

yeah XE, had been overbored by 0.5 and crank and a few bits done but nothing major.

Cams will be done i would think, ill just buy all the bits and then fit it all at once. or ill buy a 'kit' that has everything in. I dont want silly power first off. Just more.

[Edited on 18-08-2006 by Greg_M]
Mattb

18th Aug 06 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
qed use jenvey too

didnt know that..
Mattb

18th Aug 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg_M
quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
you running a 2.0?

yeah XE, had been overbored by 0.5 and crank and a few bits done but nothing major.

Cams will be done i would think, ill just buy all the bits and then fit it all at once.

if you are putting cams in you need to decide if you are staying with hydraulic lifters, or solids.. the step from a hydraulic cam profile to a solid one is quite expensive tho
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anywhere is cheaper than sbd, however they have alot of stock.
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

newman do solid lifters, not so pricey really. the pricey part is setting them up, and finding somewhere that can do it, so many places claim to be able to but actually cant.

jenvey make tb's for prettymuch everyone
AK

18th Aug 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want more than 280deg cams in the c20 best to plan for solid top end.

thats more around 220+bhp
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any news on yours ak?
Greg_M

18th Aug 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
if you want more than 280deg cams in the c20 best to plan for solid top end.

thats more around 220+bhp

i have no idea when it comes to cams and profile. I wouldnt know what i would need. but if im spending quite a bit i wouldnt be happy with less than 200bhp
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5-6k will see a nice engine 7k will see great power.
Greg_M

18th Aug 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be looking for something powerfull, but still reliable. i would presume BIG power would need high maintenance costs?
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 190bhp from a 1.6 using a standard bottom end, biggest issue i had was rocker cover gasket leaking lol, done 7000miles in 10months and no issues at all.

just needs to be set up properly and mapped properly
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ascar cars that use xe engine have around 230bhp`ish and there engines cost £7k all done, TB`s are very nice and sound amazing but they cost so much!

I think more people need to start doing the Bike carbs and experiment with different carbs, main one`s used is the R1`s which i have and i have 181bhp just from the carbs and the exhaust cat back so with some cams and head work i recon 200bhp is achieveable (sp)!

but have fun!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Aug 06 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click the link in my sig for info on novatech tb's

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TB info please 23 database queries in 0.2004740 seconds