corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cambelt change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cambelt change
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Aug 06 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa is just coming up to 40k since the new engine was fitted, so its time for the cambelt to be changed.

I am going to get the waterpump done at the same time, so does it make sense to get all the pulleys and tensioners changed too?

And lastly, how much do you guys think it will be, from Vauxhall or an independent? I am going to ring up in a few minutes, but just so I have a rough idea.

By the way, its an X16XE.
Alex16v

9th Aug 06 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine done with the water pump aswell when i bought my car, X14XE, and that cost £200.

Also that was independant.

[Edited on 09-08-2006 by Alex16v]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

9th Aug 06 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both vauxhall and local garage said waterpump doesn't need doing unless its leaking, but I will get it done anyway I think.

Bothquotes include timing belt kit, labour, waterpump and VAT:

Vauxhall: £285
Local: £180
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Aug 06 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£185 is a fair frice. unsure they use genuine gm parts though
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

9th Aug 06 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They told me a cambelt kit is around £70, that sound fair price, remembering they get it for trade? I know these guys don't make much, if any profit on parts.
Warren G

9th Aug 06 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will find after 40k the waterpumps bearing become tight anyway, so best to change, the weak point on the ecotecs timing gear is the rollers, so best to change every thing (cambelt kit + waterpump)
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

15th Aug 06 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything was changed today, cambelt including rollers, and waterpump, with the total bill being £177.
Gaz

15th Aug 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought my stuff for £110 i think it was, my dad fitted it for me while i was at work..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cambelt change 23 database queries in 0.0084162 seconds