corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A company using my car on their website without permission...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A company using my car on their website without permission...
drax

User status: Offline
7th Aug 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they your photos tho? Did YOU take them, otherwise you havent got a leg to stand on and they will just laugh it off.

the Camera the pic was taken on was a Kodak DX7630 Zoom digital camera
stevegreetham

7th Aug 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they arnt my photos no it seems wrong though that the products arnt even from them and they are using my car to advertise.
drax

7th Aug 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then you cant do anything about it apart from let them know its ur car and ur proud that its being of use to them as an image.

Basically even other people take pictures of buildings in paris, then can upload them to a database free of copyright for people to use in posters, or websites etc.

These are called stock images..

The fact that the people dont own the building in the picture has nothing to do with it, and also the fact that those images were either taken by themselfs or by someone allowing them to be used means they can be used in what ever form.

If you had taken the photos, and uploaded them to the internet with out a copyright notice, then you might have had something to bicker about but you wouldnt have got far..

If you had taken the pictures, and copyrighted them, and they had altered / cropped the images, or used the images with out permission then you could do something against them.

but you didnt, so just email them showing them its your car and you'd supply them or let them photograph your car if they wanted (if you wanted and was feeling kind) maybe they'd give you something for your kind gesture then, they might be in need of pictures .

Images are usually just for cosmetic value, and do not represent the actual item.

[Edited on 07-08-2006 by drax]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Aug 06 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your wrong about the copyright thing, if he took the pictures they are his property wether they are copyrighted or not
Nismo

7th Aug 06 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there using a shit CMS software , its open source , osCommerce is piss easy to hack about , take the images off yourself

for a start to get to the admin side of the site its just /admin but its PW proteced.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A company using my car on their website without permission... 23 database queries in 0.0100231 seconds