corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » claiming for a windscreen off insurance...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author claiming for a windscreen off insurance...
Pop

User status: Offline
29th Jul 06 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey...

got lots of tiny stone chips in my winscreen and one larger on near my tax disc. i opted this year for windscreen cover with flux.

has anyone ever claimed a new windscreen off insurance before? do i have to ring up flux first or just go to an rac windscreen place with my insurance docs and pay £50?

thanks
tim
Robin
Premium Member

29th Jul 06 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i claimed for a new one, after i melted millions of tiny dents into it with an angle grinder

ring Flux, see what they say, they'll prob tell you to ring the glass place, and then ring them back.

if you just go to the windscreen place, you might end up paying in full to start with, and then arguing for it back
_Allan_

User status: Online
29th Jul 06 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chips can be repaired usually, a cracked one is a replacement. I'm with Flux and just rang the windscreen cover number. Sorted out a date and took it to a local RAC place. Just took documents and paid the £60. Or you can arrange for them to come out to you but in my case this would have took longer.
Pop

29th Jul 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possible stupid question but does it in any way effect your premium when it comes to renew?
PaulW

29th Jul 06 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will most likely not affect your no claims, but will still appear on renewal as a claim.
Paul H

29th Jul 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
it will most likely not affect your no claims, but will still appear on renewal as a claim.
nah doesn't show at all i claimed for a new screen in the golf had it done the same day was £50
mav

29th Jul 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I claimed for a new one on the Vec sri too, doesn't affect anything.
Pop

29th Jul 06 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks everyone

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » claiming for a windscreen off insurance... 23 database queries in 0.0102088 seconds