corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » Mini Meet: Sunday 6th August ????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Meet: Sunday 6th August ????
schoey

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 06 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did i say nottingham? i said that i would see who said they would be up for a meet and arrange somewhere where everyone was happy. It may have turned out just four people from lincoln wanted to meet so we would have done that.

anyway, if this region is ever going to be succesful in the future 'trekking' to nottingham would have to be agreed on because its in the middle of everywhere. organisers can never win. the last meet we arranged in lincoln was cancelled because of the poor turnout etc. and east mids meets in the past in northampton have only been sucessful because half of the WM region have turned up.

If you want meets then ill arrange them, but im not going to arrange them for nobody to turn up.

this isnt aimed at anyone in particular or in response to anyone, its just my thoughts in general.
schoey

3rd Aug 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dna.....id be well up for meeting up and going into town, something a few of us talked about before actually.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Aug 06 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with that... look at the meet i tried to sort, in the end, only me and jake were going... so that was one person from our region

even the NWNW massive were coming down to get our numbers up

i cant see why everyone has a problem with "trekking to nottingham" or wherever, its not exactly far is it? I've "trekked" from mine to Derby, Lincoln, Nottingham, fucking miles JUST to go to meets....

but like Ben says, if no-one can be arsed, theres no point in even trying to be honest.

it seems like no-one in our region is bothered, its the people from other regions who want to come to our meets.

and Ainsley, I didnt see you bothering to turn up to the meet at the Pride last year, so its a bit off that you complain about this one, if you cant be arsed to go to one on your doorstep

sort it out lads, seriously
ainsley_brader

3rd Aug 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
and Ainsley, I didnt see you bothering to turn up to the meet at the Pride last year, so its a bit off that you complain about this one, if you cant be arsed to go to one on your doorstep

It wasn't a case of bothering I had other commitments that had been organised earlier I explained this to the organiser at the time i think it was Schoey. Before that i have attended a few meets at the pride and they always had a good turnout .

I'm not complaining about this one im just saying that it wont organise itself and that i wont travel to norringham (yes ben mentioned nottingham in the first post) just for a small meet up.

I'm well aware that organising a meet is difficult a few weeks back i tried to organise a meet at skeg with a game of crazy golf for some light hearted fun. The idea came to me while i was at work so i text a few people i had numbers for and although the idea seemed well liked the only person who could or would turn up was Greg (and myself of course) so I didnt bother posting it on here.
dna23

3rd Aug 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could we invoice Ian's account for petrol costs to go to these meets?
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 06 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will always be people need to do some miles, fact of having meets in what are essentially still quite big regions.

They will never all be close to everyone, but the good news is that if everyone is commited to them and they travel around venues, occasionally they will be.

Just a case of putting up with the times when they're not.
dna23

3rd Aug 06 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awwww i love the way he's all around us like God hello Ian....

Don't worry about us in EM we all just want to meet up but can't quite be arsed to do it the location always poses a problem thats why i think we have it with an event running somewhere in this region (car related)
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 06 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move it around.

Read this, then start doing it.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=283923

Venues are decided by the organiser, who bases their decision on if anyone wants one close, on the understanding that those people who have that favour done for them then commit to the longer distance ones.

You need to spend time and money on this, there's no way of having meets withing driving.
dna23

3rd Aug 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll leave it for our organisers then
schoey

3rd Aug 06 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see topped thread for meet location suggestions
SVM 286

5th Aug 06 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Minis.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Aug 06 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swap?
calidus

5th Aug 06 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no disrespect...but is this emergency meeting on sunday just because one of the RO is bored on sunday soooo uses his powers to try entertain himself? ok on a more serious note...I think its just coincidence that the majority of people from the region, myself included...have their vehicles in smitherines and/or are tied down due to no coin, give me a month or so and I will be back in the land of the meeting lol! car is virtually done...touchwood...just insurance were taking the pi$$ to insure it for a month
Kerry

5th Aug 06 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From experience of getting my region going even if just a couple of you meet up, take some pics of your cars and have some banter then post about it the next time more people will be interested in coming

Trust me it works, EA was dead and now its thriving

Good luck

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » Mini Meet: Sunday 6th August ???? 24 database queries in 0.0130999 seconds