corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed Camera

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed Camera
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
21st Jul 06 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A gatso flashes twice as it takes two pictures of a speeding car. Then using the difference in the lines it works out the speed.

Speed = distance % time

Edd

21st Jul 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so then it will know i wasnt speeding no problem?
Prowler
Banned

21st Jul 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone ever seen a police car get flashed because ive seen loads flying though them and not even getting flashed! i know the wont get done but why dont it flash them?
RS6

21st Jul 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same thing happened to me but at night, i was going dead on 30mph i knew that for a fact camera flashed because of the bloke the other side zooming by and i was postioned under the camera
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was coming home in a taxi last night and he was going about 45 in a 30 and that set off the gatso on the other side of the road he said he couldnt get donw for iut though.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
RS6

21st Jul 06 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the gatso camera i think the grey one is postioned to take the photo from behind as to not blind the driver when it flashes

[Edited on 21-07-2006 by RS6]
Edd

21st Jul 06 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
was coming home in a taxi last night and he was going about 45 in a 30 and that set off the gatso on the other side of the road he said he couldnt get donw for iut though.

thats correct
mwg

21st Jul 06 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Prowler
has anyone ever seen a police car get flashed because ive seen loads flying though them and not even getting flashed! i know the wont get done but why dont it flash them?

Yeah I've seen a police get flashed going through a Gatso when it had its blue lights on.
SXi_Tim

21st Jul 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Prowler

Seen a couple get flashed, don't forget a lot of the gatso cameras aren't on 100% of the time
Edd

18th Aug 06 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never heard anything back so obviously it was the other car that set it off
RKS

18th Aug 06 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Understanding is that the lines on the road are to work out which car is travelling the fastest (whoever has passed more lines in the two pics set the camera off) as the gatso itself will work out your speed without the lines
John

18th Aug 06 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy sits and checks every single one of the pictures and counts how many lines you have passed between the 2 pictures.

This isn't a maybe or something I made up for a laugh.
Surprised nobody else gave a definite answer at the time.

The gatso's radar isn't accurate enough to be used as evidence, just accurate enough to flash the camera for someone else to check.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed Camera 24 database queries in 0.0104780 seconds