corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Guages

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Guages
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
11th Jul 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey u guys. need some guages ie water temp n oil pressure. wots the best to get for ease of fitment to an xe electrical or mechanical.??? wot do u folks use??? was in motorfactors yesterday and he couldnt supply me with 2 white faces unless i got the oil pressure mechanical and the water tmep mechanical which meant i was gonna have to split a coolant hose, insert metal pipe and get a connector welded to it to fit the mechanical water temp quage... this sounds quite shit.. mechanical oil pressure seemed to be ok?? nebody know if elecrical oil pressure is easy to fit??
flash22

11th Jul 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most decent gauges are electrical have a look on the ebay at auto gauges i think one of the sellers id is momoitaly http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MomoItaly-Club

have a look it that shop an look at the ones in $ as thay work out a few quid cheaper that the ones in euro's or £

mech oil pressure are a pain to fit as you need to install a capilery line (norm copper pipe)from the block to the gauge
Jake

11th Jul 06 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are oil temperature guages easy to fit?
flash22

11th Jul 06 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have done the oil press one but not temp so not to sure i used this thread as a guide.......

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=241806

worst ways its 5/6 wires 2 to the sender 1 switch live 1 ground 1 illum from the gauge

i read somewhere on here oil temp can be taken from the sump nut (sender in place of the sump nut ?????)dont know how true it is tho

the proper way to take oil press/temp is from a sandwich plate on the oil filter take off but thay have a habit of leaking

[Edited on 11-07-2006 by flash22]
Marc

11th Jul 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go with electrical gauges, mechanical gauges allow oil up to the gauge so I'm told and get get messy if there is a leak.
STEvieXE

11th Jul 06 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for feedback guys..

New Poll