corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Brazil vs France (sponsored by L33 LEG Mobile Phones Ltd)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brazil vs France (sponsored by L33 LEG Mobile Phones Ltd)
Jodi_the_g

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guess i am saying would of liked to have seen him in one of the big euporuan teams and see if his style of play was multi cultural.
J da Silva

2nd Jul 06 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's your opinion but the base on which you've set your arguement is not very solid, concentrate on what the player 'did' rather than the conditions he did it in. would you rather score 14 goals with one world cup? or score 12 with 3 world cup titles and 15 assists? I know who I think's the best there.

p.s. Muller did that in 13 games, still impressive all the same.
J da Silva

2nd Jul 06 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
Guess i am saying would of liked to have seen him in one of the big euporuan teams and see if his style of play was multi cultural.

In them days South American football was considered more challenging than Europe, the big money came into the European game few years after Pele quit Santos FC.
Robbo

2nd Jul 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
maradona is never the best player... because he had one good tournament (that he needed to cheat in to win it) and a few good years for napoli?! 90 he wasnt great and 94 he was kicked out for coke abuse

you clearly have a tinted view of maradonna's carrer. He's my all time fave.
Why, all he ever did was win 1 title and he cheated to do that... as for the other goal against England... I saw a Saudi Arabian do that in USA 94... I saw Thierry Henry do that against the future Eurpean Cup holders, I saw Ryan Giggs do that against Arsenal, I saw Ruud van Nistelhorse do that against Spurs blah blah blah... he is/was a cheating drug addict decent player, very very good no doubt, but never one of the best of all time...

Muller
Neeskens
Cruyff
Pele
Platini
Ronaldo
Zidane

All rank higher in my opinion

[Edited on 02-07-2006 by Robbo]
J da Silva

2nd Jul 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ronaldo in his younger years, especially at Barcelona was a goal machine.
gianluigi

2nd Jul 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Why, all he ever did was win 1 title and he cheated to do that... as for the other goal against England... I saw a Saudi Arabian do that in USA 94... I saw Thierry Henry do that against the future Eurpean Cup holders, I saw Ryan Giggs do that against Arsenal, I saw Ruud van Nistelhorse do that against Spurs blah blah blah... he is/was a cheating drug addict decent player, very very good no doubt, but never one of the best of all time...

Muller
Neeskens
Cruyff
Pele
Platini
Ronaldo
Zidane

All rank higher in my opinion

[Edited on 02-07-2006 by Robbo]

Oh for God's sake. Try knowing the facts before putting a great player down like that. FFS
J da Silva

2nd Jul 06 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Maradona's defence his playing record is very good, in his early career, don't take much notice of the latter druggy years.....

Argentina Jrs, 166 games 116 goals
Boca Jrs, 40 games 28 goals
Barcelona, 58 games 38 goals
Napoli, 289 games 115 goals
Sevilla, 29 games 7 goals
went on a slump at Newells Old Boys, didn't score in over 100 odd games but he was played as an anchorman in midfield as he wasn't as fit.
Boca Jrs, 29 games 8 goals

Argentina, 91 games 34 goals.

[Edited on 02-07-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Brazil vs France (sponsored by L33 LEG Mobile Phones Ltd) 24 database queries in 0.0090859 seconds