corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Glass issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Glass issues
westsidecorsa

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 06 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a chip in my windscreen and it is on the drivers side, word on the street has it that this will be an MOT fail, is this right?

Also, how do you go about replacing the windscreen? I am insured with Flux, do i have to pay some sort of excess and does this affect no claims or anything?

Many thanks
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure they don't necessarily need to replace it. If you call up one of the descent mobile windscreen places they can just repair the chip.
bradgsi

22nd Jun 06 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a local halfords.

halfords in leicester have a guy fixing chips in your screen for free.

it will be a mot fail if it is your line of view and wipers
davey03

22nd Jun 06 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo i would replace it!!
i know someone who had it filled in and u can just still see it, we replaced mine but did it out my own pocket and didnt tell insurnace but no sure what aflux would say!!
westsidecorsa

22nd Jun 06 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey03
imo i would replace it!!
i know someone who had it filled in and u can just still see it, we replaced mine but did it out my own pocket and didnt tell insurnace but no sure what aflux would say!!

Yeh i want to replace it as it is in my line of sight, how much did it cost you?
Just wondered if Flux have some sort of glass cover?
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by westsidecorsa

Yeh i want to replace it as it is in my line of sight, how much did it cost you?
Just wondered if Flux have some sort of glass cover?

It will tell you the windscreen excess on your policy
DarkBahamut

22nd Jun 06 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A chip in the drivers vision is only an MOT failure if its over 10mm big, if its smaller then it will still pass an MOT. You could try getting it fixed by someone like autoglass, but you will still be able to see the chip alittle and sometimes it makes the chip bigger, but i think its worth a try before you replace the screen anyway. For me, a repair was free on my insurance (no excess so no loss in trying it) and replacing the screen was a £50 excess, neither effected my NCB or anything. Best to check the T&C of your insurance or give them a call to find out.

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by DarkBahamut]
westsidecorsa

22nd Jun 06 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate that is V helful, I will give flux a call to find out,
the chip on mine is bigger than 10mm

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Glass issues 23 database queries in 0.0098350 seconds