corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driver ability / having a go / level of care

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driver ability / having a go / level of care
Nath

User status: Offline
21st Jun 06 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
I drove a Testarossa with Everyman racing, maybe because it's an older car they werent so worried, but the guy was like "you've paid for this (I hadn't btw) so make sure you get your money's worth".

Which I duly did, he went very quiet towards the end of it too lol, got a pic of him looking a tad bemused at the end Sounded sooooo good though, and the grip from those back tyres, fooking hell! Was very cool.

Similar thing happened to me when I did my experience at Silverstone. The guy kept telling me to put my foot down in the F355. Needless to say I obliged

Spent the best part of a day driving a 3.2 TT, mk2 Elise, and F355. 3/4 laps of the circuit in each. Was a good day.
Paul_J

21st Jun 06 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they should give you more than 3 or 4 laps
Nath

21st Jun 06 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I think they should give you more than 3 or 4 laps

True but it was still fun.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 06 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its experience of driving the cars, which is a nice day out. Won't teach you much physics, but its worth it for the memories.
Rob B

22nd Jun 06 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Remembered another.

My 1600 at Elvington, won the award for best antics.

Corsa in 'goes where you put it' shocker

Everyone knows Corsas don't handle though

How can this be

Your car looks stunning even 6-7 year's down the line !
dna23

22nd Jun 06 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Christ, the cost of those Fezza days has come down....just did a quick google and there are some for £99

For that money its a no brainer. Just forget 99% of what you learn when you step back into your FWD mini barge

I work with Driving Experiences day in and day out, £99 = 20 minutes in a Ferrari. If you pay more obviously the price is increased, the ferrari's are usually restricted to certain rev ranges + the ferrari's at silverstone don't have speedo's in them so people won't get all excited when they pass a ton and jus sit there staring at the speedo. Obviously these days are great for the majority of people who just want some fun .etc but as shown in this thread most people really want the focus to be on improving the driving especially in their own car but then you run the risk of crashing it as well as on going costs for tyres/brakes .etc if you do it often - i suppose the increase in price for driving experience days reflects this... a ferrari isn't cheap to repair or maintain and sometimes they do get crashed - for example one of the girls from girls aloud smashed one into the back of a car here a few months back

Imho if someone had a few hundred quid to spend on a driving experience here thats fine go ahead its a great laugh and you do learn a thing or two but.... if you were serious about driving and wanted to improve do a track day here for £350 when you drive our cars in the morning Audi Skid Car / Caterham Car Control and 1 to 1 tuition in a Lotus Exige then go around in your car in the afternoon with an instructor Again that is quite expensive, most people can do track days a lot cheaper but i'm not aware of if that includes instruction .etc

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by dna23]
MR2Mike

22nd Jun 06 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that dna. dont tell me you were in the background on fifth gear when that happened... laughing your balls off? lol
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jun 06 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone thinks they a good driver tho, but how do you know?

i feel most people who comment in the previous threads about faster cars are just chumps that think they the stig.

what makes you a better driver than the next man? you went round a corner quicker than a man in a fast car?

it doesn't take much for anyone to match your skills
dna23

22nd Jun 06 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
cheers for that dna. dont tell me you were in the background on fifth gear when that happened... laughing your balls off? lol

I was here but in the main circuit office not down at drive, got an email about it and went down... pissed myself she made a right mess of it hahahaa

p.s. if someone wants to do one of those driving days send me a u2u we have some special offers on atm... could probably do half price for some things £260 down to £130 for driving a porsche, ferrari and lotus

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/html/dr.php

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by dna23]
MR2Mike

22nd Jun 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol nice one dna, will keep that in mind
MR2Mike

22nd Jun 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please read thread properly. i am not claiming to be the best driver in the world, i am simply looking into track days and looking to improve my skills. you big tart - go and pick your dummy up off the floor ffs

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

i feel most people who comment in the previous threads about faster cars are just chumps that think they the stig.

what makes you a better driver than the next man? you went round a corner quicker than a man in a fast car?

3CorsaMeal

22nd Jun 06 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasn't aimed at anyone, haven't read much of this thread, is just how Jim feels
MR2Mike

22nd Jun 06 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol ok then
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone knows im the best driver in the world
Paul_J

22nd Jun 06 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone knows, BADGER loves mashed potatoes!
MR2Mike

22nd Jun 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Everyone knows im the best driver in the world

exactly.

MR2Mike

22nd Jun 06 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Everyone knows, BADGER loves mashed potatoes!

Ditch

22nd Jun 06 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
please read thread properly. i am not claiming to be the best driver in the world, i am simply looking into track days and looking to improve my skills. you big tart - go and pick your dummy up off the floor ffs

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

I dont think that was aimed at you.... FFS....!

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driver ability / having a go / level of care 23 database queries in 0.0138199 seconds