corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2000 Corsa 1.0ltr 12V Engine Troubles - Any help???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2000 Corsa 1.0ltr 12V Engine Troubles - Any help???
corsaevu

User status: Offline
   21st Jun 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

My mate has just bought a 2000 12V corsa as his first car.

He brought it around to my house today and i had a look at it (he bought it without much car knowledge and without me with him!!!!)

I have the same one but a few months older.

ANYWAY basically it is quite hard to explain, but ill have a go.

Okay you start the engine and put the revs up to about 3000-4000rpm (this can be done while moving as the same thing happens)

Then if you let the revs go down to between 2 and 3000rpm then press the throttle again it doesnt react very well.

When you put the throttle down at that point the revs go down initially (engine / rev counter doesnt react) and there is a loud booming sound coming from the engine (sounds like from the airbox) as the rev counter struggles to move up to 3000rpm.

Then it really struggles to get the revs back over 3000rpm. BUT once you are at 3000 it is fine.

Its really weird, i did the same on mine and it reacted perfectly and shot the revs up to 4 instantly!!!

So thats the problem, my guess at the problem is somewhere in the airbox area, that is restricting the amount of air going into the engine and so the engine struggles to increase the revs efficiently.

Anybody got any ideas for a solution without taking it to a garage etc.

It has 12months warranty from the garage etc, so if it needs to go in for a full do over!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Corsaevu.

Ry_B
Banned

21st Jun 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being the 12volt will probably be a sensor mate, clean the ICV
corsaevu

21st Jun 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i do that? or can i look it up in my haynes manual?
corsaevu

22nd Jun 06 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think it is the icv anuy other ideas?????

New Poll