corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool in talks with Bellamy

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool in talks with Bellamy
Cosmo

User status: Offline
20th Jun 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
lol thats pretty much exactly what i think about United

I think Liverpool have less to do this summer than you though. We have the core of a good team already and just need to strengthen certain areas (forwards and wingers).

Utd though need a whole new midfield and with RVN on the way out a new 20+ goals a season man. I just can see you getting top quality players for all the positions you need.
Sooty
Banned

20th Jun 06 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 people for the middle and 1 Micheal Owen is what we need
Cosmo

20th Jun 06 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
2 people for the middle and 1 Micheal Owen is what we need

you'll regret signing Owen if you did. He'll get you 15 goals tops if he is fit for the whole season (that'll be a push), he'll only give you 70% in games before internationals, and he'll miss 80% of runs on goal as he'll try to open his body up and end up passing it to the keeper.

He is not the player he once was, and dont think he ever will be.
Sooty
Banned

20th Jun 06 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah not Owen specificly.... he's too fragile, someone like him as a player though, I was impressed with Torres lastnight though
Cosmo

20th Jun 06 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nah not Owen specificly.... he's too fragile, someone like him as a player though, I was impressed with Torres lastnight though

I dont think you have the money to sign Torres (you'll be outbid by AC and Chelsea) aswell as sign good players for the other positions you need. He would be an amazing signing for any team though.
Tom

20th Jun 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo agreed david villa would be a good signing, it's very dependant on whether we get someone like bellamy though as we could do with someone really tough like kuyt (from what i've seen).

I also agree we should be closer to chelsea but they have such a strong squad they will be too hard to overcome in terms of consistency imo.
Sooty
Banned

20th Jun 06 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

I dont think you have the money to sign Torres (you'll be outbid by AC and Chelsea) aswell as sign good players for the other positions you need. He would be an amazing signing for any team though.

We could do 25m, but no more
Cosmo

20th Jun 06 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We could do 25m, but no more

He will go for more than that after the WC. With AC having Sheva's money they will spend 30mil on him atleast I reckon.
Cosmo

20th Jun 06 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Cosmo agreed david villa would be a good signing, it's very dependant on whether we get someone like bellamy though as we could do with someone really tough like kuyt (from what i've seen).

I also agree we should be closer to chelsea but they have such a strong squad they will be too hard to overcome in terms of consistency imo.

Agreed. Villa is fairly strong though and pacey so they could suit each other. Will have to see what rafa has planned as he normally has something up his sleave. Plus with the quality of most of his signings so far Im not going to argue with him (Alonso, Sissoko, Reina, Garcia, Gonzalez, etc.)
Tom

20th Jun 06 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso is one of my favourite players he's passing is amazing

I think rafa knows what he's doing and I like the fact we have alot of spanish in our team they are quality to watch and linked with some strong english play we have got to be up there next year
Cosmo

20th Jun 06 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Alonso is one of my favourite players he's passing is amazing

I think rafa knows what he's doing and I like the fact we have alot of spanish in our team they are quality to watch and linked with some strong english play we have got to be up there next year

Yeah, Alonso cost 12mil (was 10.5 but went up after apps) which I think is a steal as must be worth double that now. Easily the best passer in the Prem.

We'll see who we get this summer and then I'll comment on how we'll do. The defence will be as solid as always, as will the midfield with Sissoko and Alonso in there defending and Gerrard, Gonzalez, Kewell, Garcia, Alves and those lot attacking.

Just the forward line worrying me, but Im sure that'll get sorted!
Hammer

20th Jun 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id take Bellamy before Villa and possibly even Torres at the moment. Taking players from spain is a gamble, with climate and culture change, Bellamy can speak the language, lives here already and is proven on the premiership stage. Lets see how he copes at a top side.

His attitude isn't that bad either, yes he's arrogant and mouthy but he's one of those players that fans of his team love and fans of other teams love to hate.
Nath

20th Jun 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent signing imo. He'll work extremely hard for Liverpool and produce the goods.
Russ

20th Jun 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate him, when wolves knocked newcastle out the FA cup he went of the pitch in a strop kissing his premier league badge lol
Nath

20th Jun 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i hate him, when wolves knocked newcastle out the FA cup he went of the pitch in a strop kissing his premier league badge lol

The guy is a wanker, but he is a good footballer imo.
Russ

20th Jun 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scored some crackers... BUT got knocked out the FA cup by wolves, players never recover from that

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool in talks with Bellamy 24 database queries in 0.0137210 seconds