corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b spolier and bootlock

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b spolier and bootlock
Rileysport

User status: Offline
30th May 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do they come off ?
MattM

30th May 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The boot lock unbolts from within, just pop off the trim behind it in your boot, and use a small socket set....
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th May 06 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the boot lock -

unscrew the two clips that hold the stringy bits to the parcel shelf
then unclip the retaining clips that hold the interior trim panel onto the boot lid (dont use a kitchen fork for this, although it works well, you might regret it especially if you slip like i did )
then i the boot lock bit unbolts from under there, i think they are 10 mm bolts holding it in

pretty much as matt said really

and i think a corsa spoiler unscrews from the underside, near to the back window
i think there are some screws that would not be visible looking at it normally, but if you were to bend down and look up towards the top of the back window you might be able to see them

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Teknologikal

31st May 06 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed my spoiler the other day and it's pretty straight forward but I did notice that some are different to others.

Essentially, the older Corsas have 6 bolts on the inside of the boot, the newer ones have 4.

Undo the 4/6 nuts and then shut the lid. Get a thin blade and gently prise the spoiler up at one of the bottom edges, or any part where the spoiler lifts higher than anywhere else and slide the blade gently long the edge of the spoiler (you're cutting through a foam sticker that bonds the spoiler to the hatch). Go all the way around until your satisfied the seal is broken completely. The spoiler is mounted on a subframe so we need to get the spoiler off it. Look along the top of the spoiler (on the underside of it, where your washer jet is) and you'll see 2/3 torx bolts. Unbolt them. The spoiler should now lift away from the subframe.

To remove the subframe, remove the plastic 10mm nuts that are attached to bolts protruding from the hatch itself. Pull it off, done.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my older L plate SRi had 6 retaining bolts that are undone from the inside of the boot. My newer hatch/spoiler (from a T Reg) only had 4. When cutting the bonding foam, do so from the outside edge.

[Edited on 31-05-2006 by Teknologikal]
Rileysport

31st May 06 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teknologikal
I removed my spoiler the other day and it's pretty straight forward but I did notice that some are different to others.

Essentially, the older Corsas have 6 bolts on the inside of the boot, the newer ones have 4.

Undo the 4/6 nuts and then shut the lid. Get a thin blade and gently prise the spoiler up at one of the bottom edges, or any part where the spoiler lifts higher than anywhere else and slide the blade gently long the edge of the spoiler (you're cutting through a foam sticker that bonds the spoiler to the hatch). Go all the way around until your satisfied the seal is broken completely. The spoiler is mounted on a subframe so we need to get the spoiler off it. Look along the top of the spoiler (on the underside of it, where your washer jet is) and you'll see 2/3 torx bolts. Unbolt them. The spoiler should now lift away from the subframe.

To remove the subframe, remove the plastic 10mm nuts that are attached to bolts protruding from the hatch itself. Pull it off, done.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my older L plate SRi had 6 retaining bolts that are undone from the inside of the boot. My newer hatch/spoiler (from a T Reg) only had 4. When cutting the bonding foam, do so from the outside edge.

top banana, i looked at mine last night and my L-reg SRi only has 4 retaining nuts
Teknologikal

31st May 06 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll take pics of mine to prove it Anyway, you get the drift....did you get it off and how good was my description?

Look along the left edge, mine was ripped off so although the pic is not close, you can see the 2 lower ones easily, but there's another on the curve at the top and those holes are where they ripped off the bolts that hold the subframe on

Just can't wait until I finish off my new hatch (delocked and dewipered) and get it on there

Haimsey
Premium Member

31st May 06 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does it say on your boot
" S H...?"

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Teknologikal

31st May 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SHT it says but many have interpreted it for another word I'm changing the hatch because the retainer bolts are missing from the top with holes in their place. Will post pics next week with the hatch hopefully delocked (already been dewipered), primered and on the car (same with the doors), need to fit window motors to new doors then fit them too.

New Poll