corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » An over night change of heart. What do you think I should do.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author An over night change of heart. What do you think I should do.
JayCarr

User status: Offline
24th May 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've done the exact same thing. bought tb's and everything but had a change of heart.

want some newer, comfier, quicker etc.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop being a fag,
Daimo B

24th May 06 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
it wasnt lazy ness, he just suggested everything under the sun apart from fitting them to my corsa. His suggestions included, buying a 1,4, a 1,4 suzuki swift, a pug, .......etc

I was thinking buying a 'grown up' car, and taking a leaf out of luigis book and buy a mini to play with

Except the Corsa B Rallycar used int eh up to 1.4 class was a front runner most of the time. Many people consider it to be one the best small cars for rallying..... (including Pugs, Suzuki, MG etc...)

Depends what you want. Daily drive, then sell it now.
Track toy that you will keep for just fun, keep it and get them fitted.

tbh, i was quite dissapointed after going out in a 200+bhp 1.6 on TB. Its nice, its nippy, it sounds good, but its not "fast".

Will make an absolute weapon on the track, but if thats not what your into, time to give it up and move on.
Jamie Walby

24th May 06 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
stop being a fag,

I will if you will
broster
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VXR, its still a 1.6, what alot of people forget, was that andy's car?

people who have gone out in mine say its fast.....for a 1.6, seems to worry a few "faster" cars aswell....
Marc

24th May 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pink car in my rear view mirror would worry me too! x
Daimo B

24th May 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but is the old rule...

No replacement for displacement....

i.e, 214bhp is a damn impressive amount for a 1.6...... But, thats an awful lot of money.....

Spend that kind of money on a good 2.0, or even more, and you will reap more gains and gain a lot more performance..

Andys hit 60mph (sorry, yeah it was) in 6.39. With his CR box, new shell etc, maybe make it into the 5's..... Still only made 135mph at Brunters though, which (for example) a 2.0 will do straight from the crate. (although wont make it there as fast)

When I compare it to say Daves old 2.0, both a similar spec of tune just different cc. Well, Daves is still "the" fastest corsa i've been in, and i've been in a fair few now The power was so much more than the 1.6..... Daves still was pulling very very hard at 149mph as well!! Andys was at the limit.

Its a great unit, but in the grand scheme of things, it really needs a lighter shell to be a real "blast". It either needs to go JR stripping extreme, or to be put in a Nova or similar weighted car...

Handling wise, the corsa is good for the engine.

[Edited on 24-05-2006 by VXR]
Jambo

24th May 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo i thought there wasnt much difference in weight between the nova and corsa? Or am i talking rubbish
broster
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree, somedays i wish i just threw a c20let in my car and left it standard!

then i look at the fun i have with mine, the way it revs and the money it cost me was a hell of a lot less than andy and dave id say.....

then i wanted it for track days and stuff, i felt the 1.6 would be the better option, the pick up low down the revs is great and when it revs the pick up is so much better than the 2ltr cars iv driven....

end of the day tb's on a 1.6 are fun, they change the car totally
broster
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Daimo i thought there wasnt much difference in weight between the nova and corsa? Or am i talking rubbish

rubbish, the standard nova weighs asmuch as my stripped corsa
Daimo B

24th May 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure fella, think the nova weighs a fair bit less as standard. Corsa is up in the mid 950kg region, novas are down in the mid 850 region (think)... Its a lot lighter shell.

When both are full stripped of sound deadening etc, i think its much closer. Novas come in the low 700s. Wasn't JRs recorded int eh middle 700s?

Thing is with small blocks, weight is everything.
Marc

24th May 06 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still laugh at Max Poo quoting the Corsa as being heavier than a Cav GSi
broster
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
A pink car in my rear view mirror would worry me too! x

lol, mines not so pink from the front now..... more black
JadeM
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I bought some throttle bodies a few months ago and finally went to see someone about getting them fitted.

Basically, instead of giving me advice and telling me what else I needed to go away and buy, he gave me the impression he didnt want to know, and did he best to put me off. Which it seems he did.

Now Im thinking do I really want to save up the £ks to get this all done, shall i just finish my bodywork, fit manifold and brakes and class my car as finished. Sell the throttle bodies and start saving for a newer better car, maybe even save for a deposit on a flat etc...

I was looking forward to having my car tuned and once the engine was done, I would have said that the car was finished.

But now I dont know what to do, will i regret spending the extra money on the throttle bodies in a few years?

advice?

If moneys tight then dont waste it on a car!! If you car afford to do it....do it!!
Marc

24th May 06 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like your'e screaming at the monitor Koling
Jamie Walby

24th May 06 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin/Jade, Money isnt tight, i was just starting to think it could be put to better use elsewhere.

Marc, think of all the stickers I could buy with the money I saved
Marc

24th May 06 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG! You'd be a stickeraire!
JadeM
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent a fair bit on cars until the ripe age of 22 - then got the house, couple years sensible motoring then i'll get back into it. Ive never had the urge to tune my corsa when I had it. I like cars that afe factory fast......no fiddly bits to break all the time
Jamie Walby

24th May 06 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon I might be coming round to your way of thinking.
dave17

24th May 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy something standard, quick, confortable and reliable.

Not spend £££s or a corsa and then well it for half uve spent on it when you get bored of it
JadeM
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a GSi when I was 17 & first joined on here, no one really tuned corsas much so there was no encouragement to do daft things with a 1.6 or whatever. There was a couple 2L conversions but they wernt very popular....think they used Astra GTE shafts & broke alot. No-one had even thought about conversion kits at that time

I fitted a Janspeed dtm exhaust & had the 1st set of Dare V1's in the country & I was a happy bunny......looking back though im glad my corsa ownership was short lived & I moved to another car without spending too much on it
Marc

24th May 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You needed a bit of class for the hairdressers though didn't you
JadeM
Premium Member

24th May 06 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoyed mr2 ownership more than corsa ownership marcus
Marc

24th May 06 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

25th May 06 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you had anymore thoughts on this?

was not impressed with the pic you sent me of that car off autotrader last night

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » An over night change of heart. What do you think I should do. 23 database queries in 0.0914929 seconds