corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MoT today - FAILED :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MoT today - FAILED :(
Kano

User status: Offline
25th May 06 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF!!! U think because your emmisions are high you need an engine... uhu... Get a cat fired on it and a gd clearout and itll be fine.. If not get a dodgy MOT... Would I fuck be changing an engine for an mot..
Ry_B
Banned

25th May 06 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
WTF!!! U think because your emmisions are high you need an engine... uhu... Get a cat fired on it and a gd clearout and itll be fine.. If not get a dodgy MOT... Would I fuck be changing an engine for an mot..

Rob_Lee
Banned

25th May 06 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy my 1.6 16v from the old nova?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

25th May 06 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

afraid i agree with kano, rediculous changing the engine for the MOT. there are a couple of things you can try, fit two cats in the exhaust! or replace the existing cat and warm it up good and proper?

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Robin
Premium Member

25th May 06 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it WAS warm, it ISNT the cat thats the problem, its the fact that its pouring oil into the combustion chambers from above and below the pistons

and it wont be getting a new engine, it will be getting traded in, i cant be arsed trying to fix it
allza

25th May 06 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no wat i would be changing the engine. I work at an mot station and we always try as best as we can t oget them through if they are high. This is what i would try. HC is unburnt fuel i think so put a fuel cleaner additive into the petrol. Burning oil shouldn't affect the readings as blue smoke is not measured(only by sight). Change the spark plugs and oil and filter. Put slightly thinker oil like 15-40 or even 20-50 to stop as much oil being burnt. Then take it for a rag before testing the emissions so that it really hot. Im pretty sure you'll be able to get it through. If not go to a more friendly garage!
Rob_Lee
Banned

25th May 06 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be interested in it if you sell it.

u2u me matey

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MoT today - FAILED :( 24 database queries in 0.0119970 seconds