corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FAO: Kitten Owners

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO: Kitten Owners
Bart

User status: Offline
   18th May 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a nice new shiny house, and now thinking of getting a kittnen.
Ive told the misses that it will have to be locked in the kitchen (with a litter tray) during the day to begin with while we're both at work, so it doesnt shit around thr house.

She seems to think you can rub its feet in the litter tray and consider it house trained, and it will not poop anywhere else from then on.

Just wondered if anyone else has bought a kitten recently and have any shitty experiences to share?

Kathryn W

18th May 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you already have a trained kitten, then as soon as it gets into your home show it where its litter tray is... then they know where to go when they need to go the loo..

New kittens i do suggest keeping it in the kithen with a lot of newspaper etc on the floor, and place it in the tray... and everytime it goes to have a wee etc then stick it in there, and if the kitten goes elsewhere, afterwards stick it into the tray so it knows where to go.
Ally

18th May 06 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are getting 2 in a few weeks, ive had kittens/cats all my life and they just have to learn

We will have one litter tray in the kitchen, one in the hall way and show them its there, tell them off if the poo anywhere else etc

My mum and dad have had 3 kittens in the last 2 years and they never poo on the carpet as they copied the older cat...

Cant wait to get mine
Sooty
Banned

18th May 06 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ex's kitten was lush.... called it Austin was a pain in the arse tho when it used to dance on your belly after a heavy night out in the morning tho !!
Nismo

18th May 06 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stick a cork in its ass then at night just sit himin the tray and take th ecork out. job done
Jake

18th May 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having a litter tray in the kitchen isnt the most hygenic place for it. Although this is where i put one when i had a kitten but thats because im a tramp.
Brett
Premium Member

18th May 06 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First I bought a puppy, would shit all over the place and leave little surprises for me, needless to say I got rid of it after 2 weeks

So I bought a kitten and like you say just leave it around the litter tray and it'll get used to it. The kitty litter is scented to make them use it anyway.
JM_16v

18th May 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got kitten there gd if there trained as long as you show it where it is there fine
Brett
Premium Member

18th May 06 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now mine has grown up it hates me and generally either tries to bite or scratch me
daveyb

18th May 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you get a nervous kitten to come out of its shell? I have a year old cat and 4 month old kitten - i've had the kitten for a while and the cats get on really well but if you go to pick her up she runs a mile. She was born and lived outside for the 1st few weeks of her life - before the owners of the mother realised they were there
Ally

18th May 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

patience, we had molly who was mistreated she would run and hide every time someone moved

just feed her, give her a nice bed and whenever your in the room just sit there, if she approaches you dont pick her up let her come to you
ClaireF

18th May 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the kitten should get use to the litter tray straight away as they are clean animals when it comes to toiletting (sp).
mav

18th May 06 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our cat is now 12, but when we first got her after a few days of showing her the litter tray she has been fine ever since..
SetH

18th May 06 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kittens suck, prefer them skinned and gutted hanging from a tree.
Cosmo

18th May 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
First I bought a puppy, would shit all over the place and leave little surprises for me, needless to say I got rid of it after 2 weeks

What did you expect? It to come in and know where to shit and piss straight away?!
Cosmo

18th May 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
kittens suck, prefer them skinned and gutted hanging from a tree.

Brett
Premium Member

18th May 06 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

What did you expect? It to come in and know where to shit and piss straight away?!

i was hoping so...was a really bad idea from the start, especially living in a 2nd floor apartment at the time. Only did it to make the mrs happy

Sorry cosmo
Cosmo

18th May 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry cosmo

So you should be

Im thinking of getting a puppy but they are banned in my apartments...might just get one anyway. Aslong as its now loud it'll be fine...might go jumping off the balcony though
ssj_kakarot

18th May 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a kitten not sure which breed though, any suggestions.

leaning towards a silver tabby cat they so cute lol.
ClaireF

18th May 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
i want a kitten not sure which breed though, any suggestions.

leaning towards a silver tabby cat they so cute lol.

bobtail are cute and actually like water

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FAO: Kitten Owners 23 database queries in 0.0163429 seconds