corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help please with pop-ups

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help please with pop-ups
ECCLESri
Banned

User status: Offline
14th May 06 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i installed that newer version of msn earlier, msn plus or something and now i keep gettin adverts popping up whereas before today i never got any and theyre really starting to piss me off lol

any idea how to stop them?

cheers
PaulW

14th May 06 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it this you got??

http://www.msgplus.net/

if so...

quote:
Messenger Plus! comes with an optional sponsor program that you can decide to install or not during the setup (which is the same whether it's a new installation or an update. The question is always asked and nothing is ever selected by default). This program will show ads from time to time on your computer, will add a search bar in Internet Explorer and may also change your start page. In NO case this sponsor is mandatory or dangerous. If you don't want it, simply refuse the sponsor agreement during the setup and you will never hear about it again. If you installed the sponsor by error, just launch the uninstallation program of Messenger Plus!, choose if you want to uninstall the sponsor only or Messenger Plus! and the sponsor, follow the instructions and reboot your computer.

Important: if you wish to get rid of the sponsor program, you must uninstall Messenger Plus! from the Add/Remove Programs window. If you start deleting files on your own you will prevent a full system restore as some of the files copied by the sponsor are backups of your original configuration files. Also, never attempt to use programs such as Microsoft Anti-Spyware to remove the sponsor. Doing so would permanently damage the sponsor's restore data and would make the uninstallation much harder than it should be. You don't use third party programs to remove your other programs, the sponsor is no different. For detailed instructions, check out this special post on the forum.

forum link here

http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=21598
ECCLESri
Banned

15th May 06 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah cheers mate, massive help

and thats the last time i ever get a girl to go on my laptop and install something and clicking accept for the sponsors! women

cheers tho

New Poll