corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » immobiliser problem..?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author immobiliser problem..?
markygfaebburn

User status: Offline
   10th May 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeterday, my car wouldn't start so got the aa out & they said it wiz the immobilser as the light wiz flashing, the engine would start to fire up but wouldn't get that final kick. anyway, got it started but when cut the engine off & took key out, engine still ran!! had to stall car to cut it off

then today, it wouldnt start again & got the aa out, again & the guy sed the car wizny reading my key... could i get a new key or do i need a whole new immobilser or what?? cant move car to take it anywhere!!!!!!
carnuts

12th May 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the antenna ring has gone mate it picks up the siganl from the key and tells the immobiliser to turn off
Black Corsa SRi

16th May 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

either that or the chip in the key if the AA man is right and it is just a case of it not reading the key
markygfaebburn

18th May 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it sorted, disconnected battery, took fuses out & put them back in & its sorted duno how...lets hope it lasts!!
sextons@swansea

24th May 06 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very common problem this is the aa / rac blaim everything little thing under the sun down to the immoboiliser, and it looks like it was a dirty fuse.
hope it goes all right for you

New Poll