corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 In a 2.0 16v Corsa...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0-60 In a 2.0 16v Corsa...
Born_corsa02

User status: Offline
6th May 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5-5500K rpm at the most what about you in the 1.2
Ry_B
Banned

6th May 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but wern't you just saying change at peak torque...

Anyway you can't do spirited driving with 45bhp it doesn't have a rev counter anyway so I wouldn't know, I'd guess around 5500-6k max.
Born_corsa02

6th May 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CHANGE AFTER PEAK TORQUE
WHICH IS 4K RPM
Robin
Premium Member

6th May 06 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please stop arguing now ryan. its dull.

[Edited on 06-05-2006 by robmarriott]
Ry_B
Banned

6th May 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not arguing

[Edited on 06-05-2006 by Rcb]
Jamie Walby

6th May 06 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rcb
but wern't you just saying change at peak torque...

Anyway you can't do spirited driving with 45bhp it doesn't have a rev counter anyway so I wouldn't know, I'd guess around 5500-6k max.

stop twisting things Ryan
vibrio
Banned

6th May 06 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you change at the point that gives you the best amount of power and torque for the power band. normally you would change before power drops off so in a standard leon cupra changing at 5500rpm is best or with my vectra 4000rpm. some cars don't drop off after peak power so you can hold it for a bit longer. peak of the C20XE is 6000rpm so I would change there
Jules S
Premium Member

6th May 06 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the engine.

But peak torque should be maintained through a certain rev range, and as long as you are still in this after you have changed up all should be good.

Lucky B

6th May 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone's getting off topic a bit i think...

0-60mph in a Standard ish 2.0 16v Corsa would be in the 6's as long as the driver aint a dumb ass.
Lucky B

6th May 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lucky B
Everyone's getting off topic a bit i think...

0-60mph in a Standard ish 2.0 16v Corsa would be high 6's/low 7's as long as the driver aint a dumb ass.
Ry_B
Banned

6th May 06 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? I always thought they were mid 7's to 60.
Paul_J

6th May 06 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BornCorsa_02 one thing your forgetting is that where you change gear, will relate to where the car will end up in the revs in the next gear.

It's pointless changing at peak torque as if all the power is up the top end of the rev range like most 16v's are, then you will find its bogged down in the next gear and needs to catch up.

MY RR graph.

Working on your logic I should be changing around 5500 rpm Trust me my car would be pig slow if I did as it only really starts pulling hard after about 4-4.5k and if I changed at 5500 it'd probably end up at 3000 ish in the next gear.

I personally change about 6800 rpm which is still pulling strong by then, but the beauty is when it falls into the next gear it's bang at about 4.5k rpm ready to pull hard again.

Another thing to consider is the speed the gears are being turned and effort required. Obviously a car will accelerate say 50-90 mph quicker in 3rd, than 4th gear - so keeping it in 3rd gear for a little bit longer before shifting in 4th is also an advantage.

I do however know what you were getting at and especially on 8v engine's where the power is lower down, whats the point in revving it to the limiter - but generally rule of thumb, if you change around where your car makes peak power it's for the best!
corsa120

6th May 06 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have found 2k is best launch rpm in my xe and best APPROX 0-60 ive had in my standardish xe is 6.67 secs crap runs ive had 7-7.5 i even pulled 7.5 with wheelspin all the way upto 35mph

i change gear at about 6k but nearly to limiter in 2nd as otherwise thats third gear change for 60 and adds half second on so in theory changing at peak torque would reduce xe times to about 1.4 16v sport times
Fad

6th May 06 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had a f16 box on my xe it pulled hard all the way to the limiter which is 6750 so I tended to change up at 6.5K on th quarter and I managed consistant 15.1's all day long.

Do a few standing starts you can tell when the car is backing off and just keep and eye where its best to change up. Also listen to the engine you can usually tell when your near the limiter

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 In a 2.0 16v Corsa... 23 database queries in 0.0143330 seconds