corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England manager - whats gone so wrong ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England manager - whats gone so wrong ?
Davido

User status: Offline
2nd May 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McClaren what a joke for starters, these fools at the FA wants sacking for what has become a complete embarrasment to english football. Now it seems they are in such a rush to announce a replacement they go and hand it to McClaren. This so called shortlist of McClaren, Alladyce, O'neill, I personally dont think any of them should even be in with a running. We have two of the worlds best managers in the premiership, Ferguson & wenger.

Why havent FA been banging on either of their doors ?

Why is it a such must have for the manager to be english, do we need someone to be screeming and shouting at players at this level its all about tactics.

As a huge fan myself if anyone on that shortlist does get appointed then i will be absolutely gutted.

Rant over.

[Edited on 02-05-2006 by Davido]
Tom

2nd May 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think allardyce is the most deserving, agreed though they should have approached arsene
abdus

2nd May 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Curbishley (esp he is no more at charlton) or Allaydyce would be better choice if i were to choose an englishman
Steve
Premium Member

2nd May 06 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1
http://www.footiebanter.com go there guys if you wanna talk footie
Ojc

2nd May 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McClaren is'nt good enough. Joe Royle should get the job
Davido

2nd May 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point is though, this is the biggest position in world football for a manager and attracts possibly the greatest salary as well, Ferguson has always said he love to have a go at the job & so as arsene.

This is a job that manager's shouldn’t be able to turn down yet the FA handle it in such a way that we have managers turning the position down, they have been unprofessional in their approach and how they are just open with the press. I personally feel there doesn’t need to be a decision made as yet; I feel 99% of England fans will agree when I say all my concern now is the world cup we have Sven for that so just forget who will take over after until after the finals finish.

Then get the right man for the job, who I believe would be arsene, he handles him self well wouldn’t be in the papers for messing around with women etc gets on well with the players, speaks English, it amazes me the FA aren’t even trying to bring him in.
Jamie Walby

2nd May 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its a hard one to be fair.

I would like to see an English manager but all the best managers seem to be foreign.

What I dont understand is why the manager of the national team doesnt have to be from that country too.

National team is a group of the best players from that nation, so IMO, the manager should be the best manager that nation has to offer.

Davido

2nd May 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1
http://www.footiebanter.com go there guys if you wanna talk footie

Gtf

http://www.itv.com/loosewomen go there if you want to talk shite in future

[Edited on 02-05-2006 by Davido]
Davido

2nd May 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I think its a hard one to be fair.

I would like to see an English manager but all the best managers seem to be foreign.

What I dont understand is why the manager of the national team doesnt have to be from that country too.

National team is a group of the best players from that nation, so IMO, the manager should be the best manager that nation has to offer.

Fair point but i still dont believe the best we have to offer is any of the managers in contention
Jamie Walby

2nd May 06 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, buy you see where im coming from with this, english team, englsh players, english manager. French team french manager spanish spanish manager etc etc

either way, like you said, world cup should tbe the FAs priority.
--Dave--
Banned

2nd May 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuart Pearce
Davido

2nd May 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
Stuart Pearce

Hammer

2nd May 06 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Davido
The point is though, this is the biggest position in world football for a manager

what makes you say this? its a poisoned chalice and you have to agree with scolaris reasoning for turning it down. Sven could have won back to back world cups and still been hounded out by the media for getting a blow job off a hooker one night, its a sad state of affairs to be honest.
Ojc

2nd May 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsene is the best man for the job, he won't leave though.
Davido

2nd May 06 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was more to scolari, how he can blame media attention was a joke he has managed brazil, have you seen what the press are like out there they make our lot look tame.
stuartmitchell

2nd May 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
Stuart Pearce

I think its better to have say an english manager manage an english side, more passion and enthusiasm because you genuinely want your team to win and are on the edge just like all the fans in the terraces. Sven looks distant

But what do I care......I'm scottish and have witnessed Berti Vogts try and run my team
Hammer

2nd May 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would he lie? if your a manager in england with skeletons in your closet you'd better belive they'll be in the public domain sooner rather than later. Even if you dont you'll have some crazy bint fabricate a sordid affair and selling it to the sun, its a discrace.
vibrio
Banned

2nd May 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Davido We have two of the worlds best managers in the premiership, Ferguson & wenger.

1/ Ferguson is Scottish - nuff said
2/ wenger is french and not interested

Davido

2nd May 06 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Davido We have two of the worlds best managers in the premiership, Ferguson & wenger.

Ferguson many times in the past has said he would love a go at the job, and why has nationality got anything to do with it, if this was taking place for any other job you would have a very strong case for discrimination
the players have to be english i disagree the manager does.
vibrio
Banned

2nd May 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

Ferguson many times in the past has said he would love a go at the job, and why has nationality got anything to do with it, if this was taking place for any other job you would have a very strong case for discrimination
the players have to be english i disagree the manager does.

I agree why should it matter however I'm not a hardcore football fan niether am I the press which is where my opinion falls down.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England manager - whats gone so wrong ? 24 database queries in 0.0143378 seconds