corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wide arch kit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wide arch kit
jaygsi

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 06 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks, right ok well i hope my mate will buy my bargain alloys only cost me 220 with tyres bargain or what
James_DT

2nd Apr 06 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The offset is the distance between the centre of the wheel (as you look at it from the top) and the face that sits in the hub. As said, the higher the offset the further out the wheels are.

And yeah, it's a bargain, but the tyres are probably shit. I paid that much just for the tyres on the 306, and they're just tyres for the shitty steelies on it.
punkymt1

2nd Apr 06 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the offset is not that low.. you would not probably need super wide arches .. just enough not to rub. buy profile 45 tyres .. I've got 195/45/16 on et35 .. it rubs only when I got a person in the back.
Sandsy

2nd Apr 06 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have et 49 wheels which are perfect vauxhall offset on 195-45-15 with nothing in the back of my car lowered 50 mm and it doesnt scrape not even down bumpy back roads
jaygsi

2nd Apr 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now thats what i want, so i can have the odd passenger without having to worry bout taking my tyres out

so the higher the offset the closer the center is to the hub, which mean further away from bthe arches correct?
abdus

2nd Apr 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes,,,that's it...

as stated above, i have et42 195/45/15 lowered 50mm...with 2 more passengers at the rear and average load in the boot, no scrapping at at all
jaygsi

2nd Apr 06 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the help, looks like i need to buy some new alloys then and get rid of these only 2 days old

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll