corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine wont start help needed asap

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine wont start help needed asap
Basscrazy

User status: Offline
12th Mar 06 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had engine conversion done it all drove back fine but when went to start it about 2 hours later it just turns over and wont start which is fucking stupid as conversion took forever had loads of problems thought everything was fine now this happens beardy suggested checking fuel coming out tried this last night but its beyoned my abilities really althought he gave really good explanation im just stupid with this stuff

I need it for work what else can i try that it could be its a 1.6 pre echotec
Siberia

12th Mar 06 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove a spark plug... connect it back to the lead you disconnect from it... and rest it against the exhaust... get someone else to turn the engine over and you see if the plug is sparking... is it sparking? NOTE dont touch the plug when the person is turning the engine over...

secondly there is what looks like a tyre valve at the drivers side of the fuel rail... press it... does fuel come out?
Basscrazy

12th Mar 06 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is got told it was all new vauxhall spark plugs

and gonna get wrapped up to give the valve thing a go

is there anything else it could be could a fuse cause this etc?

johnny27

12th Mar 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Basscrazy
I need it for work what else can i try that it could be its a 1.6 pre echotec

You mean this is the nova Gsi 8 vavle engine? The dizzy is forever giving trouble on the small block 8 valves. Check your dizzy cap, if its okay try changing the full dizzy unit. I know they're expensive new so if you could get a lend of one, you'd know if its the prob

New Poll