corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heater Controls - Heated Rear Windscreen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heater Controls - Heated Rear Windscreen
Rich H

User status: Offline
7th Mar 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, just a quick question....

I've just spent the past hour or so dismantling my heater controls to replace the 2 little bulbs behind them - What a bastard job that is! Anyway, I've done it and put it all back together. Only problem is, I managed to snap the little clip that holds the middle knob on (heated rear screen) So no, I don't think it works, as when I pull the knob out to turn the heated screen on, the knob doesnt stop, but simply comes out in my hand

So all I want to know is, is it simply a case of going to a scrappy and being more careful, simply get a new middle knob, or have I just broken something a bit more complicated?
CoastalCorsa

7th Mar 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like you have snapped the little clip on rear of button

remove nob/button and pull the centre piece by hand the light should come on and rear window should de-mist
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Mar 06 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this Rich, Easy peasy to fix.

The actual control is fine, and not broken. You have broken the white switch the control clips to. To remove it you need two pair of long nosed pliers.

I'll take some pics later to show you. As I can't be bothered to explain.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Rich H

7th Mar 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I did this Rich, Easy peasy to fix.

The actual control is fine, and not broken. You have broken the white switch the control clips to. To remove it you need two pair of long nosed pliers.

I'll take some pics later to show you. As I can't be bothered to explain.

Cheers Phil - yeh was a wee bit pissed off as the whole thing was an absolute git to do, but that was the only thing I ended up breaking! Glad it shoudnt be hard to sort though
abdus

7th Mar 06 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, I have the same problem here... (i'm waiting for my blue lights to come)...but I managed to repair it with some loctite superglue and now it is ok...

Rich H

7th Mar 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
well, I have the same problem here... (i'm waiting for my blue lights to come)...but I managed to repair it with some loctite superglue and now it is ok...

pmsl, this is quite scary that we seem to suffer identical problems!
abdus

8th Mar 06 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hamman
quote:
Originally posted by abdus

pmsl, this is quite scary that we seem to suffer identical problems!

indeed, quite scary...hope one of us doesnt crash our corsa...LOL
deano87

1st Feb 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just did the same - so is the dial that comes off in our hand broken, or the bit in the heater console?
Planty02

1st Feb 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have also done this too but mullered the whole switch only one i could find in a scrappy was from a van so had no rear screen switch oh well
deano87

1st Feb 07 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to rescue the clip which stops the dial coming off from the rubbish - and I've glued it back on. Certainly a lot cheaper than the £28 Vauxhall quoted me for the white bit the dial sits on.
pow
Premium Member

1st Feb 07 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you put the middle knob back on, always put it to position "3" before you push it back on, seems to help with me...

New Poll