corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Web people

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Web people
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Feb 06 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I have a directory on some webspace that i know longer have access too, but it contains an index.htm which will always be bought up by default by Internet Explorer is there anyway of forcing IE to do a directory Listing of the folder?

For instance if i had the folder full of say images and browsed to it i would get a direcotry listing of the images, but because there is an index.htm in there it wont let me see whats there
shrews corsa

1st Mar 06 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats correct
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 05:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thanks i already new i was correct i wanna know if u can force to show a listinh
MikeLamb

1st Mar 06 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a .htaccess file containing "Options +Indexes" (no quotes) in that folder.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 06 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have any access to the folder any more, else i would just rename the index.htm lol
RickSRi

1st Mar 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate there is no way of forcing it to open as directory, i wanted to do it aswel for other reasons
Rob B

1st Mar 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant help but geek day
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 06 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the file names were sequential you could possibly automate something to get them all. Plain text would be more difficult.

Where is the server?
Tim
Site Administrator

1st Mar 06 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not internet explorer that's forcing you to open the index.htm, it's the webserver itself providing it to you when you specify the directory only.

Like I said on MSN -- only way is the change the website config, or rename the file.

New Poll