corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » little update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author little update
N90ATH

User status: Offline
1st Feb 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thanks to some enlightenment from a few peeps and a look at cash and gettin some massive insurance quotes due to losing my no cliams , i shall be joining the likes of jamie, rob and broster using a small block x16xe engine in my car.

looking at gettin some tb soon from sbd, mates offered me his engine from his crashed corsa (rear end smack) and picking up kit end of thsi week if all goes to plan (irmscher)

just need to save for the following:
brakes
new wheels
rollcage
some proper buckets
and i really want a spa design dash as well.

the only little thing is, do ppl reckon i should buy a cheap gd conition basic shell to stick it all in or should i whack it all in the balkc shell?

cheers nath
Dione J

1st Feb 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's happened to your car?
broster
Premium Member

1st Feb 06 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stay with your shell if there is nothing wrong with it. you stripping it?
N90ATH

1st Feb 06 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

d jay nothin wrong with my car just chnaing alot mate who i am gettin engine off off had ana ccident so he said i could steal his engine lol

broster i shall be stripping it but looking at gettin some carbon door cards and that made. been roughly quoted by spa composite 249.99 for a set of custom door card sin carbon, but they would need to see the requirements before i get a real l price

resons i'm thinkin bout a new shell is the fact my shell needs alittle work doin sucjh as b pillar cracks and i think its bent slightly from my accident last yr but need to get all supension checked before i find out
mwg

1st Feb 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely its going to cost in the same sort of region to insure a tuned X16XE as a C20XE as both are engine conversions?
N90ATH

1st Feb 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope out of a few insurance ppl i have rung up the 2oxe was round 2 -2.5k and the tuned 16xe was only 1500 max i am payin 900 at the mo on a 1.4
broster
Premium Member

1st Feb 06 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nath, what i would do then is buy a face lifted merit, swap all your good bits to the merit, and sell your car as close to stamndard as poss. the merit is a cleaner, lighter shell than a sport
N90ATH

1st Feb 06 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye broster this is wot i am considering doing, but i'm wondering but still havin some luxurys like electric mirrors and windows
broster
Premium Member

1st Feb 06 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your going to strip it you wont miss the electrics and with throttle bodies you cant hear a radio if the car is stripped so get rid of that too
N90ATH

1st Feb 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol fair enough mate looks like i may just egt rid of everything. gd thing is me and me dad have a clio as a run around so my car will not be an everday car lol

also janspeed mainifolds these any gd??
5chaap2k

1st Feb 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the enginecode from the x16xe engine and insure it as a x14xe

nobody can tell the difference from the outside of the engine..

[Edited on 01-02-2006 by 5chaap2k]
broster
Premium Member

1st Feb 06 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5chaap2k
remove the enginecode from the x16xe engine and insure it as a x14xe

oooooh, sneeky but ever so bad lol! (hammerite is your friend)

janspeed manifold are good yes but their are better depending on how far you want to go
N90ATH

1st Feb 06 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol was considering doing this but then little more though and decided against it as like to be driving legally not ileagally lol

well looking at about 170- 80 bhp really dnt wnat masisve spec.
starting off with the 164 sbd kit and gonna work from there, want to upgrade now and then so that i can have fun then when i get bored get mor epower lol
RobHayes

1st Feb 06 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you got the insurance quotes did you comment on the extent of the tuning to the x16xe?
i cant see it being much cheaper to insure an x16xe with more power than a 20xe
N90ATH

1st Feb 06 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep got a quote with the sbd 184 kit fitted and a few other touches to the engine. also included roll cage, buckets harnesses, suspension, wheels and a few other bits.

dnt ask me bout insurance its weird got some well wried quotes like evo 6 was 2k but evo 8 was under 1k :s and then they wnated 4500 for a l200 warrior

[Edited on 01-02-2006 by N90ATH]
broster
Premium Member

1st Feb 06 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

170-180bhp is big money if you want it to last, i have 180bhp and have to kep spending on little bits to make it more reliable.... stuff like clutches and other small bits and bobs, aint cheap....
N90ATH

1st Feb 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm maybe i will keep the 160 lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » little update 23 database queries in 0.0106661 seconds