corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » petrol to diesel engine convertion?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author petrol to diesel engine convertion?
jmdsouth

User status: Offline
   23rd Jan 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi just a quick question has anyone ever done a petrol to diesel engine conversion? since the mpg would be good plus if you put a 1.7td from a cavalier for example some quite good bhp? especially if you turned up the boost? i wonder how hard a conversion would be?
ed

23rd Jan 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be the same as doing a 2.0 LET conversion, you would use the same kit as the 1.7 is a big block right?

However, why don't you just buy a 1.5td Corsa?
jmdsouth

23rd Jan 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i dunno actually i think the cavalier 1.7td lump is the same engine as the corsa 1.5td just bored out more so it might be easier to fit than a 2.0 let

New Poll