corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Taking pictures of kids - clarification needed please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking pictures of kids - clarification needed please
Melville

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now the title might suggest a Gary Glitter type of question it is actually a serious point. With all the snow over Christmas me and my mate went out to take a few snaps of the snowwy scenary at a local park. While we were at the park there were a load of kids sledging down a big hill. I was going to take some photos of them sledging but my mate said that we shouldnt as he had heard something about you not being able to take any pictures of kids because of old perverts getting kicks out of it? While my intentions were harmless, I obviously can see the problems that it might have brought if one of the parents had saw me taking some snaps. Can anyone clarify the situation or do you think it is just better to stear clear of such shots in a society gone mad?

[Edited on 03-01-2006 by Melville]
mwg

3rd Jan 06 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure what the law on it is but pretty sure in leisure centres, schools etc. that your not allowed to have a camera with you. Outside of that I wouldn't like to say.
Only thing I would consider doing would be to ask the parents that were there if it was ok to take pictures so they knew you were harmless enough.
Apart from that I wouldn't risk it.
John

3rd Jan 06 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are defo allowed them in schools unless the school says otherwise.
There was a thing on the tv very recently about parents not being allowed to video the school play, they did anyway and there wasn't a problem.
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jan 06 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your not taking picures of the kids your tking pics ofa hill. nothing wrong with that. there is nothing to stop you taking pics of kids outside per se but today's sociaty feels it is perverse. I personally would not take pics of kids as the man sunbect unless I knew then. if your on privte property you can be asked not to take pics like wise if you pester someone then they can ask you to stop .
Melville

3rd Jan 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play. I just thought it would have made some interesting shots as I was looking for something moving to fiddle with the manual settings lol
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jan 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Melville
Fair play. I just thought it would have made some interesting shots as I was looking for something moving to fiddle with the manual settings lol

fiddle is the wrong word to use in this thread
Melville

3rd Jan 06 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Taking pictures of kids - clarification needed please 24 database queries in 0.0097709 seconds