corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone know about psp's?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know about psp's?
antscorsa

User status: Offline
30th Dec 05 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to buy a psp and on ebay there seeems ot b laods of information all daying different stuff. can anyone break it down for me and tell me what to loook for.
on ebay can get ones delieverd from hong kong for like 130 etc, are these bad etc, whats the difference between imports and version 1.5, 2.0 and 2.6 etc.
Cosmo

30th Dec 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally I would never send any money abroad on Ebay, too many people willing to take your money and run.
antscorsa

30th Dec 05 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they all seem to have good feedback and using paypal my moneys always insured
Cosmo

30th Dec 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
they all seem to have good feedback and using paypal my moneys always insured

alot of those are normally peoples accounts they have taken over, use their name and feedback to get a few orders in then fuck off. Your money is insured but its alot of hassle getting it back.
Greg_M

30th Dec 05 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

version 1.5 means you can run emulation sofware, to play old NES and N64 games and the like.

but you cant play any of the new games without upgrading to version2.
antscorsa

30th Dec 05 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok but can u upgrade any psp to the 2.6 latest version?
know of anywhere i can get one cheap
Greg_M

30th Dec 05 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, version upgardes are all free, they come on most new games, or you can do it through a wireless router.
antscorsa

30th Dec 05 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u rekcon there b coming down in price soon
Greg_M

30th Dec 05 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no. sorry rep claims no price drop till end of '06. may see a slight drop around easter time when some compays will take a small loss, but you will be talking around 5-15. my advise buy it from a shop, if anything goes wrong you have a come back. i.e. dead pixels, and the ocassional lazer problem

i do value packs at RRP £179.99 and giga packs solus for 215.

[Edited on 30-12-2005 by Greg_M]
antscorsa

30th Dec 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wowzer im guessin when ps3 finally comes out there will ba slight drop altho hardly any. damm mtie have to bite the bullet and get one from a shop then or u.
no cs discount lol
Greg_M

30th Dec 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wowzer im guessin when ps3 finally comes out there will ba slight drop altho hardly any. damm mtie have to bite the bullet and get one from a shop then or u.
no cs discount lol

yeah they more than likely will be a shift over to a focus on PS3, so smaller distibution costs. as for CS discount, tbh we hardly make any money on them at all as it is. I get 10%! which is rubbish Sony are really harsh company as suppliers, i remember them sueing Tesco as they were selling french PS2's for less than RRP

antscorsa

30th Dec 05 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dam sony the tight bastids. do you yourself have one, the 1gb essential in your eyes, can you get white ones?

[Edited on 30-12-2005 by antscorsa]
Greg_M

30th Dec 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one yeah, amazing machine. i couldnt live without it now! never bored

you can get white ones yeah, sold two a few months back, i got them from play asia.

gig stick isnt essential no, but if you want music films ect then you will need atleast a 512k.

black value pack

black gig pack

white value pack

white gig pack

^my personal links. good company to deal with only trouble you will have is a power lead and UMD movies tho. games a region free

ssj_kakarot

30th Dec 05 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sony wont have a price drop for a very long time as they lose money on every sp tey manufacture sell them at a loss, so yeah price wont drop.

as for ebay if your familiar with it and not a total idiot you can get one off there and not get ripped off its pretty easy to see who is going to rip you off, many psp's get sold on ebay just becasue they are from japan ect does no meen your going to get ripped off.

as for the versions the origional 1.5 firmware has been fully cracked meeening you can run downloaded copied games from the internet on the memery stick card, the higher 2.0 version has not been fully cracked but there was an exploit found meening you can still play many homebrew programs including,

nes,snes, gamegear, megadrive, mastersyste, wonderswan, pocketscum ect these are the only emulaters that corrently play at full speed.

if you buy a 2.0 you can downgrade it back to 1.5 with little effort.

ny thing after 2.0 firmare 2.01+ has not been cracked so its a no go for homebrew

as for the white psp's they were only released in japan i belive can be bought off ebay and will play all games as the psp is not region locked to games and as japanease umd's are region 2 they can also play english umd's.

[Edited on 30-12-2005 by ssj_kakarot]
antscorsa

30th Dec 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so best of gettin an import or a uk spec. damm im lost.
Greg_M

30th Dec 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so best of gettin an import or a uk spec. damm im lost.

all swings and round abouts really. UK - bought from shop, got good suport ect if goes wrong.

Jap- cheeper, possiblity of white one, will take a while for a replacemtn if faulty
antscorsa

30th Dec 05 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see id prob pay the extra and get a uk one from a shop but i really want a white one they look im my eyes soo much nicer

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone know about psp's? 25 database queries in 0.0151072 seconds