corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Weird Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weird Problem
matt_aka_smiler

User status: Offline
29th Dec 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi ive brought a piperX induction kit for my car (Sport 1.6 16V) and came to fit it and its suppost to fit into the existing pipe but it wont. measured bout pipes (The 1 from my car and the induction pipe) and the both the same size. I tried it on my m8s SRi 1.4 16v and it slides into his pipe on his car no problem so we measured his pipe compaired to mine and his is a whole 1cm bigger than mine!!??? how can this be??
matt_aka_smiler

30th Dec 05 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one know why this is then? i need to know why because its doing my head in!
CorsAsh

30th Dec 05 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC some 1.6 engine intakes differ in diameter from the other vaux engines. You need to make sure you have the filter specific to your car.

This is why on most sites for filters, you'll see "All engines exc. 1.6 GSi" or similar.
matt_aka_smiler

30th Dec 05 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is though its the PK 037 which is for all corsa b's excluding the c16xe engine. mines a sport 1.6 so its a x16xe engine and the pipe on my car is smaller than my mates ans hes got an SRi 1.4 x14xe engine and it fits fine. i just cant understand why the 1.6 pipe is smaller than the 1.4 surley they should be the same size if not the 1.6 bigger
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Dec 05 at 02:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange one that. It would appear that PK 037 may actually exclude C16 and X16.

No idea why the 1600 pipe is smaller than the 1400 though. Very strange.
matt_aka_smiler

30th Dec 05 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it says on the box 1.2/1.6 16V but as it didnt fit i checked the part number on there website and even the instructions say its for a 1.6. told one of the blokes in halfords where i got it from and he says oh its probibly a diffrent engine shows he doesnt know his stuff. i was thinking though would it be a good idea to get a smaller bit of tubing like you get with the K&N filters to make it fit or keep the standard airbox and get a filter for it? because it makes my mates sound like a scooby with his back box!
GSi Ghost

3rd Jan 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had this problem too. he had a universal induction kit on for about six months and then upgraded to a piperx, the cheap universal filter crushed the tube. try attaching a standard air filter for a week and this should stretch the pipe enough for your piperx. Worked for my mate anyway!
bubble

3rd Jan 06 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make it fit!!
matt_aka_smiler

3rd Jan 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made it fit now m8 was as SRi Ghost said as we sorted the problem out together the universal induction kit that was on my car when i got it had squashed the pipe! was 1 of the 1s with the O ring adapters - BEWARE! Also i noticed a hell of a lot of flat spots with the universal kit where as with the Pipercross 1 theres not problems and ive not yet fitted a cold air intake!

New Poll